Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched and I've searched and to be honest it's hard to find straight information. A lot of it is just speculation by members as to what will fit. So here is my one simple question. I want to get a set of 17x7 Konig Trouble rims for winter wheels. They have a +45 offset. I do not have the car lowered and I have not rolled the fenders.

So... 17x7 wheel, +45 offset. Does anyone else have this and will it be a problem?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
578 Posts
What size tires are you putting on them? Generally speaking, this will have an impact on whether or not they will rub.

Having said that, you shouldn't have any issues with 17x7 +45.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Slv6sPitt

I was going to get a set of Dunlop M3, 215/50-17

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm not saying that you haven't already done this, but when I was trying to fit wheels to my car I went to the member wheels section, sat back, got comfortable and went through page after page to find other owners with the same fitment to see how it looked and if they had issues. That being said some have had rubbing and others not with the same setup, go figure. If possible try it before you buy it. Here's how I finally determined if mine would rub or not.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
lol that picture cracks me up for some reason ^^ . I have really over-wieght friends i think thats why and when i pack 3 of them in my mazdaspeed i totally feel a power loss.

·
Registered
532 Posts
too funny. But sometimes you have to go to the extreme to make sure you have not problems. Even though that compressor in the back looks so funny, j/k

·
Registered
286 Posts
wow, I've heard people putting sandbags in the trunk to improve rear end traction in winter. You must live in an skating rink or something. :laugh:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Sorry I'm in florida, we don't even know what snow is. This is why the weight was there.
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...&hl=journey
[/b]
It is quite shocking to see white stuff falling from the sky. :p

It took me forever to find a set of wheels that fit the car without problem. I'm too paranoid to do any modification to the body myself, ie no drilling or bending on any panel. If I screw up something I'll probably be freaking mad.

Did anyone see you putting all that weight in the trunk? If I saw that, I'd probably think that you are those type of people too cheap to rent a U-haul for moving. You know, those people with a couple mattresses and a whole couch on the roof driving down the highway with their arms out holding all that stuff.

·
Registered
149 Posts
It is quite shocking to see white stuff falling from the sky. :p

It took me forever to find a set of wheels that fit the car without problem. I'm too paranoid to do any modification to the body myself, ie no drilling or bending on any panel. If I screw up something I'll probably be freaking mad.

Did anyone see you putting all that weight in the trunk? If I saw that, I'd probably think that you are those type of people too cheap to rent a U-haul for moving. You know, those people with a couple mattresses and a whole couch on the roof driving down the highway with their arms out holding all that stuff.
[/b]
I don't know if anyone saw me or not since my street isn't at all busy, just local traffic, and it was backed into my driveway. I didn't drive an inch with it loaded, or even start the car just ran my fingers around to check the clearance. As far as messing something up, I understand your feeling and I did mess it up a little, but its just a car, and I'd rather that I mess it up than someone else. Wow I really feel like we hijacked this thread sorry

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm not saying that you haven't already done this, but when I was trying to fit wheels to my car I went to the member wheels section, sat back, got comfortable and went through page after page to find other owners with the same fitment to see how it looked and if they had issues. That being said some have had rubbing and others not with the same setup, go figure. If possible try it before you buy it. Here's how I finally determined if mine would rub or not.

[/b]
That is hysterical!!!

:rofl:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts