Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I realize that we can't have EVERYONE who's buying a 6 start a a new thread. But hey, I've been around here since before the car was released... And I'm just excited! So sue me. :)

Anyway, I found a buyer for my Miata (sniff); so I'm joining the "6 club" as soon as the dealer can get my car in. Hoping they can find one in the area -- I'll go nuts if I have to wait on an order!

So, this is what I'm getting:
Mazda 6s, Steel Gray Metallic
5-Speed Sport AT
Compass/Autodim mirror, cassette (for use with iPod adapter, not actual cassettes :); all-weather floor mats
Rear Lip Spoiler

..and he's checking on the MP3 player availability. Also, I'm going to get the side air bag option if he can find one with it, but my search on MazdaUSA didn't come up with any in the area in gray with that, except some fully loaded models.

He talked me out of the shock sensor upgrade. Said they're really sensitive. I live in Vermont, anyway, where people leave their cars running with the keys in them during the winter, so it's not as big a "must" as it would be if I was, say, in Jersey.

So, you guys have any tips for a new owner? Things to watch for? Things to do? Cool mods?

I like the look of the lip spoiler, and it should help differentiate my 6 from others in the area!

(If he can't find a gray, my second choice is yellow with the sport package. But I really don't want the 17" wheels...)

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Reading Topic: One more gray 6 owner soon! Any tips?

I'll trade in my 16" alloys for your possible 17" rims then, if you pay the flight :D

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Brillo,

Aaargh! I thought I was going to leave that particular predjudice behind when I sold the Miata! :)

Our Saab 9-3 is a manual. Yep, it's fun. But day-to-day, I just prefer the convenience of the automatic. The manumatic's a good compromise.

·
Registered
77 Posts

Yah, I can totally relate. I am trading in my trusty 97 Probe GT, a classic, for my due in April Mazda 6s, 5 speed manual, loaded. I cant help but feel bad since they say that the Probe is destined for the scrap heap because of the miles.....

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Just posted some new pictures of the little reason I'm upgrading from the Miata to the 6 at http://www.datkin.net ...

Applejax,

I told the guy I'm selling the Miata to to contact me if he ever decides to sell it... Once my little guy is old enough to ride in the passenger seat, we'll have the Saab paid off and I could justify having the Miata as a fun third car. :)

Darmc96,

That many miles in a 96? Wow. My car before the Miata was an '89 Probe. Loved it -- other than a few alternators, it was amazingly reliable. Drove it from 7/89 till 9/2000. Felt a little sad about selling it after all that faithful service, but not too bad, since I was replacing it with a Miata. :)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Replying to Topic 'One more gray 6 owner soon! Any tips?'

Originally posted by DennyA

Okay, I realize that we can't have EVERYONE who's buying a 6 start a a new thread.[/b]
Yes we can! At least as long we get pix! Lots and lots of pix!! :D

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Oh, I'll definitely post lots of pics once I get the car! And I'm getting the lip spoiler, which I know a lot of people are anxious to see better shots of....

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

And what a fitting message for my 100th post:

I put the deposit down on the car today! The dealer's a couple of hours away (I was looking at at least a couple of weeks to get one from a local dealer, and I need the car ASAP); so I'll be going to pick it up on Friday!

Final config:
Mazda 6s Steel Gray
Auto transmission
Lip spoiler
All-weather floor mats :)
MP3 player (backordered -- have to go back down in March to get that installed. Oh well, excuse for a road trip!)

So... Just two days till I get my 6!

Price was $500 over invoice, plus installation on the spoiler and MP3 (tried to get that thrown in, but no dice). Even with the installation, that's good for this area. The local Mazda/Saab dealer is the type that thinks they're doing you a huge favor by offering you $500 off retail on your next car if you bought the last one from them...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Thank god the board is back up. I'm picking up the car this afternoon. If I hadn't had a place to express my excitement I'd've gone nuts!

The Miata.net guys are all just "you are so going to miss your Miata!" about it. :)

Back with an initial report tomorrow. And I hope my gal-darned spoiler arrives and is installed before tonight, otherwise I'll just have to have it put on with the MP3 player later.

·
Registered
212 Posts

Congratulations! And let me be the first to sceam: PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

Looking gooooooooooooooooood!

·
Registered
178 Posts

Nice ride!!! I bet you cant wait for all the snow to go away so you can realy paly with your new toy.:)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Ah, one more image... My friend Sparky (who's working on the game They Came from Hollywood, check it out) did a little more customization work on the car, given the fact that I sold my Miata to get a car that would accomodate a car seat...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: One more gray 6 owner soon! Any tips?

The lip spoiler is not available with the Sport package, am I correct with this?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts