Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it looks good imho. it has a red needle and also backlit in red. looks almost like stock when lit and it comes with a steering column pod. let me know what you guys think... only thing is the price, i think i saw it for $140 with everything included for install.

Here's a pic of it on a sti during the day and night:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i like the looks; i'm still stuck trying to find a gauge that looks decent & works well. i don't want to lose my map compartment either. i'm willing to go for the steering column mount so long as it's ascetically pleasing.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i like the looks; i'm still stuck trying to find a gauge that looks decent & works well. i don't want to lose my map compartment either. i'm willing to go for the steering column mount so long as it's ascetically pleasing.
[/b]
i too dont want to lose my compartment. the thing about this gauge is it's only 45mm so its alot smaller than the regular 2 1/4" gauges by autometer. also it flows well with the interior color wise. i think i'll be ordering this soon...

·
Registered
676 Posts
that is the gauge that AWE Tuning (Audi/Porsche/VW) resells for their vent mount and A pillar mount ... it looks goood

·
Registered
776 Posts
The dealer has them listed for over $200. I was told by Scott Seigal to go to www.wrxatlanta.com he has seen themgo for about $50. This is what I was considering putting in mine when I had it Dynoed at Subaru of Gwinnett here in Atlanta. They charge like an hour worth of labor ($90 :whip: ) to install.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
bump.

anyone try this application on the MS6 yet?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bump.

anyone try this application on the MS6 yet?
[/b]
i have and it looks great. i havent mounted the gauge yet but i'll get a pic of it with the lights on to give you guys an idea as soon as i get off work. Its a lil more red but it still looks good to me...

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i have and it looks great.
[/b]
good to hear. did you go with the multi-color, or the red backlight? most of the pages i've seen talk about the colors set to match the subie interiors. where are you mounting it? did you go with the steering column shroud? thanks in advance for the pictures. and mazdaspeed619 thanks for the good poop.

this is the one i was looking at:
http://www.j-spectuning.com/product_info.php/products_id/126

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, here is a quick peek at my omori boost gauge. it is 45mm and in a gauge pod. it is not mounted but i'm pretty sure i'll be mounting it in the middle of the steering column. it a little more red than the stock gauges but it still looks good imho. this was takin from my cell phone so sorry for the crappy pic.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Looks good, nice and compact and backlit just like factory.

I had a full set of Defi D-Gauge gauges in my protege and I loved them but this looks like a nice option for the 6 that is a easier on the wallet than the Defi Link Meter BF gauges.

Where did you end up getting your complete kit from and how much?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks good, nice and compact and backlit just like factory.

I had a full set of Defi D-Gauge gauges in my protege and I loved them but this looks like a nice option for the 6 that is a easier on the wallet than the Defi Link Meter BF gauges.

Where did you end up getting your complete kit from and how much?
[/b]
i got it on ebay the sellers name was tc performance. real good guy to deal with. my first gauge was off a couple psi and he sent me a new one right away no ?'s asked. and i still have the f'd up one. total came out to like 156 shipped. i really love the size of the gauge too. 45mm sits perfect on top the steering column w/o blocking my view of the other gauges... here's a couple pics of it mounted and lit up in differnent colors

this on with all the dashboard lights

·
Registered
875 Posts
i got it on ebay the sellers name was tc performance. real good guy to deal with. my first gauge was off a couple psi and he sent me a new one right away no ?'s asked. and i still have the f'd up one. total came out to like 156 shipped. i really love the size of the gauge too. 45mm sits perfect on top the steering column w/o blocking my view of the other gauges... here's a couple pics of it mounted and lit up in differnent colors

this on with all the dashboard lights

[/b]
This looks nice. Is the install/wireing easy for this gauge? Do you need to order any other parts, or is the WRX kit good?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
everything you need was included in the auction i got. as far as install and wiring it was pretty simple. i just searched and found a thread about it. easy mechanical boost gauge install...
here's the link to it on ebay... click here

·
Registered
875 Posts
everything you need was included in the auction i got. as far as install and wiring it was pretty simple. i just searched and found a thread about it. easy mechanical boost gauge install...
here's the link to it on ebay... click here
[/b]

Thanks again, I'll be ordering this soon!

Is that sprial thing in the picture to hide wires?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks again, I'll be ordering this soon!

Is that sprial thing in the picture to hide wires?
[/b]
yup that would be called a "wire loom" i believe. and your welcome... post pics of your install when done also!

·
Registered
875 Posts
yup that would be called a "wire loom" i believe. and your welcome... post pics of your install when done also!
[/b]

Cool!

I just ordered it, so hopefully I'll get it early next week and have pics up by next weekend. If you happen to run across that install thread, could you link me. I am not really good with wiring, so any pics of where you did the wires or colors or anything would help!

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cool!

I just ordered it, so hopefully I'll get it early next week and have pics up by next weekend. If you happen to run across that install thread, could you link me. I am not really good with wiring, so any pics of where you did the wires or colors or anything would help!

Thanks,
Ryan
[/b]
That TC guy is great to do business with. my first gauge was off by a couple psi. i notified him and he said that was unacceptable and without any ?'s he went ahead and sent a brand new one off without asking me to return the first gauge. it came in a couple of days and on it went into the speed6. anyways i just wired the boost gauge to the lighter and you just ground it anywhere. I'm also not to good with wiring but im sure you'll figure it out...

·
Registered
875 Posts
That TC guy is great to do business with. my first gauge was off by a couple psi. i notified him and he said that was unacceptable and without any ?'s he went ahead and sent a brand new one off without asking me to return the first gauge. it came in a couple of days and on it went into the speed6. anyways i just wired the boost gauge to the lighter and you just ground it anywhere. I'm also not to good with wiring but im sure you'll figure it out...
[/b]
Cool, thanks!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
11 Participants
MAZDASPEED619
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing