Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to use a set of older OEM rims for snow but want to make sure.
car come with 17x7.5 rim and the older ones are 17x7. It that 1/2 inch going to be a problem with clearance over the calliper?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Looking to use a set of older OEM rims for snow but want to make sure.
car come with 17x7.5 rim and the older ones are 17x7. It that 1/2 inch going to be a problem with clearance over the calliper?
You'll have no problem at all. Mazda was nice and kept most of their wheels interchangeable. I have 2015 17" OEM rims on my '04 currently and they fit perfectly.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The 7 vs 7.5" is the wheel width. The diameter is the same. Only fitment difference (other than possibly offset) will be that the wheels are a bit skinnier. Shouldn't be an issue as long as offset isn't radically different. If the wheels are from the same family of vehicle, same bolt pattern, same hub size, it should be fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to the both of you.
Older set of 17”x 7 5 spoke rims is what I’m referring to to replace the current 19x7.5 factory rims on my vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
16,838 Posts
You're good - just make sure you get tires with larger sidewalls to make up the difference in diameter. OEM tire size for the 17 inch rims is 225/55/R17 - Use this to double check what size you'll need: https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts