Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay - so what EXACTLY is this MazdaSpeed thing? Is it a 6 with a bigger engine? Or is it just a body kit to put on a regular 6? Or is it an altogether different car?

And these body kits - these are things NOT offered by Mazda or the dealer, but car parts suppliers make kits up to change the looks of your car? Is that right? Are they hard to put on your car?

I'm clueless about all this stuff but want to know so I know what the heck you guys are talking about around here. :D And some of the stuff looks really cool, so I might want to do some of it when I finally get my car (come onnnnnnnnn hatchback!).

Anything else too that I've neglected to mention re: the 6 and its appearance, etc. - feel free to clarify for me. :)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: Okay, bear with me here......

MazdaSpeed6
It is a 2.3l I4 Turbo car with approx. 280hp. The body kit and the special silver color on that car will only be available on that car, when (or for you in the states, IF) teh car is realeased.

The body kit for the MazdaSpeed6 (or Mazda6 MPS as it's allso called) is as I said only available on that particular car (when it comes :)) unless some aftermarket parts come that look just like them.

The "standard" Sport kit and the A-Spec kit is the ones available from a Mazda dealer. I don't really know if the A-spec kit is available outside Japan, but it is a Mazda original product so I guess with some yelling at your dealer you could get it at a not so funny price.

Other kits, like Kenstyle, I don't know where you buy, either on-line or at some styling shop.

I really don't know if it's hard to mount the things... You must paint them first I guess, if not Mazda offers their kit's prepainted in the available colors. Side skirts is mounted by screws on each end (they go up in the wheel wells - there are already some screws there). I guess there are some mounting points "on the way", otherwise the skirt would "hang" in the middle. To change the front and rear bumper you probably have to lift the car up somehow to get acces to screws/clips on the inside. I'd guess it's not that hard. Otherwise I'm sure the shop can do it for you (Mazda dealer if you buy it from them - mounting "styled" parts would not be harder for them then mounting standard parts).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts