Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to go with a pocket PC HP iPAQ rx1955. It to plays mp3's that I'd love to hook up to my car stereo. I've read the iPOD install and the RAZR topics. So now this...I'm not sure what type interface cable the iPOD's have and if it the same type as the iPAQ. With the computer thier's an interface AutoSync cable that's USB on one end and "Charging/Communications port" connecter on the other, I don't know the type name. Anyway, if the connector type is the same as an iPOD, then I'm all set, if not, I guees I'm outta luck. Any thoughts or comments on this?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I decided to go with a pocket PC HP iPAQ rx1955. It to plays mp3's that I'd love to hook up to my car stereo. I've read the iPOD install and the RAZR topics. So now this...I'm not sure what type interface cable the iPOD's have and if it the same type as the iPAQ. With the computer thier's an interface AutoSync cable that's USB on one end and "Charging/Communications port" connecter on the other, I don't know the type name. Anyway, if the connector type is the same as an iPOD, then I'm all set, if not, I guees I'm outta luck. Any thoughts or comments on this?[/b]
well, I dont know for sure, but Ipods and Ipaqs are NOT made by the same company and the chance that they share the same cable is 1 in 1000000000000000000000000000000000. Also I dont think the Ipaq shows up as a removable hard drive when you plug it in with USB either so the USB audiolink may be out of the question too, but Im not sure about this either. Doesnt your ipaq have a headphone output? If so you can just use that to hook it up to your stereo.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The thought of using the headphone output jack had crossed my mind many of times, but I wasn't sure about how to hook it up to the car stereo. Is their anything special that I'd need for an interface that you know of, between the headphone output jack and the radio? I have no idea what's on the back end of the HU or anything back there on the radio, except for what I've read in the forums, on where or how to plug it in. Any information would be a great help, maybe even a picture of the rear of the radio, so I can see if it's even worth the time and effort.

Thanks for the info timwoo.

·
Registered
178 Posts
The thought of using the headphone output jack had crossed my mind many of times, but I wasn't sure about how to hook it up to the car stereo. Is their anything special that I'd need for an interface that you know of, between the headphone output jack and the radio? I have no idea what's on the back end of the HU or anything back there on the radio, except for what I've read in the forums, on where or how to plug it in. Any information would be a great help, maybe even a picture of the rear of the radio, so I can see if it's even worth the time and effort.

Thanks for the info timwoo.[/b]

its stickied at the top of this forum:
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=30878

its easy and you can do it in less than an hour!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again timwoo... Looks like that's the way I'm gonna go. I'm just worried about how long I may have to wait for it... But the website says they have the AuxMod's instock...guess I'll find out.... I've read the eniter topic there, seems like everyone that got it is very happy with it... Thanks a bunch man.... :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.