Mazda 6 Forums banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'OK, THIS IS THE PHATS... FOR THAT LITTLE CD COMPARTMENT THAT NOBO

Yea oooooooooooor thats not what i said.. Did you read the TOPIC? before entering the thread? Probably didnt... i want NAVIGATION as well as DVD and PS2. Yes i know the dvd can be played by the ps2... Im trying to figure out how much roughly it would cost for all 3 features. so, ::breathe::

I love my car more than love itself...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'OK, THIS IS THE PHATS... FOR THAT LITTLE CD COMPARTMENT THAT NOBO

For my 6, I've got a navigation system, PS2, DVD and TV tuner to chose from for the front monitor, which is custom molded into the center of the dash. The rear drop-down monitors can source the DVD, PS2 or TV, but not the nav. So, simultaneously I can have the nav on the dash monitor, PS2 on one of the rear monitors and a DVD on the other, all the while playing CD's through the audio system. Talk about sensory overload! Of course it was built for show, but it's all really usable, too.

I like the idea of adding a monitor to the compartment on top of the dash. My IS300 had a factory nav monitor there that rotated out of view when not in use. It's actually a great place for a quick look at the nav w/o taking your eyes off the road for too long. I just wanted to do something a bit different for the 6.

You might consider drop down monitors for the rear if security is an issue. You can't really see them when they're up, unlike headrest monitors - although you could cover those I suppose.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·

OoOoooO prettyyyy... i looked at the pics theyre very nice... i would like to know... "Where did you get the mounting indash kit" for the navi and the alpine deck that you have installed? i dont want my factory cd anymore i want it gone.. and i also really really like that set up that you have... but i do want to do away with that CD compartment that i dont use. Can you help me....

·
Registered
79 Posts

The console housing the monitor was custom fabricated, although I'm sure some day, someone will make a DIN/Monitor kit. Since the Euro cars are offered with the nav at the top of the dash, the pod that houses the monitor is likely available as a separate part, no? That might make installation of a monitor there a bit easier.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts