Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK... so there's talk in another thread about me going somewhere. So I guess I should spill the beans: I'm moving away from Toronto and from Ontario... and I'm doing so next month.

Some of you may know that my parents left Ontario about two years ago, after 18 years of residence in this province, to go live in British Columbia. My mother had been suffering from health problems in her older age and the Ontario winters were becoming a huge issue for her. My parents aren't that young, btw. My dad's almost 70.

For quite some time now my parents have been trying to get me and my family to move out there as well... in the beginning I was quite resistant to the idea. Most, if not all, of my friends are here in Ontario. My job's here. I've lived here in Toronto for almost half of my life. I'm so used to being a Torontonian that I couldn't imagine myself as anything else. So, I didn't want to move. But, as of late (since about January) I started to warm to the idea of living in BC. And I guess I should also admit that I kinda miss my parents. They make great babysitters for my two young ones. Besides, who are we kidding here, my parents really don't miss me, they miss my kids. :)

Anyways... back in Feb/March I started talking to my boss about the possibility of working out of my company's Vancouver office. At first they didn't want to talk, but after a while they came back to me and said that the idea had some merit. So, briefly put, they're moving me out there.

So, this is it guys... I'm off to BC. Initially we were going to go at the end of the summer, like late August/early September. Then we changed it to late July/early August. We finally changed it to mid-June. I'll be driving my 6 across, but as some of you know, I have a second Mazda to worry about now and someone needs to drive it. Serge (1FastM6) most graciously volunteered to drive it across for me, so it only makes sense that we join him when he goes across. He'll be going across in June with his family to attend a wedding so it only makes sense that we join his group. Driving over to BC on the Trans-Canada highway system isn't a job for amateurs like myself... or so I've been told.

So... there, I've spilled the beans.

Derek (not king_lam, the other one... the one from BC), hopefully you can tell me lots of useful things about the greater Vancouver area... where to go, where not to go, and where I can find the best Sushi or Pho in town.

Anyways. We should plan a meet before I go. I can't attend the June 3rd one, so we'll have to plan a second meet before June 15th.

That's pretty much it. Carry on.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
YOU CAN'T DO THIS!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
hey man...so u really decided to movie to BC eh...well...got to say this before you are gone~!! thx for everyth that u had help me with...and its very nice to meet u~!!!

as for the places in BC...since i m not sure about wut kind of places u like...but if we got another meet be4 u go...i will try to tell u all the places i know...besides...theres still a Vancouver6club over there~!!! they will take good care of u as the TO members have been taking good care of me :p

other than that...i could only say take care man :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Damn, cant even meet you one last time before you leaving. Well, at least we'll see you in the Vancouver forums and hopefully in the Toronto forum as well. Best wishes on your trip.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
hm... i just had a feeling that u r going to move to vanc when u told us the reason why u r selling ur winter tires.... :(

and when were u going to tell us that u were moving to vanc? man......

well.... i guess this is it then, haroon, it was nice meeting u.... i guess it was the milliken park BBQ the first time i met u, and i remember u were BBQ-ing the delicious ribs for all of us... lol... and then i helped u with the lower fog, then caliper painting, then the shitzzy rad incident :hide: ... , then lots of things happened (good things though) afterwards.....

sigh, we'll miss u haroon, and ur wife and ur kids...

There goes another TO6club veteran..... Vanc6Club u lucky bastards !!! LOL...

but oh well... yeah we HAVE to have a last meet with haroon before he go to vanc.... :tear: :tear:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
this just ain't right

·
Registered
91 Posts
omg haroon u moving to BC eh.....
man...we gonna miss u hella much.....
but i must admit that BC is a nice place to live....
u been very helpful to the club and me as well....thx man....

good luck with ur move

·
Registered
79 Posts
Haroon,

It was great while it lasted. You'll really enjoy it out in Vancouver. I'd like to move out there too.

Hey, why don't you start a thread to tell us about your cross country trek. Make it a "Cannonball" run! :p

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sorry to hear that you will be leaving us and it's unfortunate that we haven't personally met. I'm sure you will love living in BC - minus the house prices that is.

As for places to avoid, stay away from the downtown Eastside (Hastings/Gastown, & Chinatown area) at night.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
About this Discussion
58 Replies
26 Participants
DragAzn
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing