Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are everyones guestamates for the performance of the new 6.
it seems to compare nicely to the new 24v jetta vr6, and altima 3.5se. The altima has the big power advantage, but a 5-speed auto can make a big diffrence. People over at www.vwvortex.com Have gotten a new 5-speed auto 24v jetta at a 14.7. Altimas are running similar numbers, a bit faster in some cases with its 4-speed auto. Where do you think that will leve the 3.0l 6? I would guess that it would run an upper 14 second 1/4 and a mid 6 second 0-60. what are your impressions? Does anyone have the exact engine specs such as redline and peak power?

·
Registered
577 Posts
The 3.0L V6 will have:

219HP @ 6250 RPMS
202TQ @ 4750 RPMS

Also important is the weight of the car and also the gearing in the transmission. That 219HP is decent from teh factory, but I can guarantee that by adding a freer flowing intake, headers, and exhaust, you will be closer to 250hp if not more. People in the Duratec community are getting those kinds of numbers with regular run of the mill Taurus 3.0L Duratec engines, and they dont have S-VT.

Nikolas

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
those are decent numbers and a 5-speed auto definately makes up for some of the diffrence, but i have been reading rather dull numbers coming the mondeo in europe that uses the same engine. 6.8 to 60 seems to be the consensus for the 5 speed manual. If this car cant hit 6.7 with the auto, which the jetta 24v is capable of then i think it will be out-classed in the performance department, although im sure it will handel good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts