Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i took my car to the dealer... AGAIN... because i was driving an i got these CELs P2088 and P0012... well its somethin to do with the oil valve an timing and the dealer was like hey did u use engine manegment on your car? and i was like wtf no... and he said he think i tuned it and messed with it... an he said he think my mods caused the CELs... and that it will be alot to fix... i said prove it... an he said he is going to open up the car and see why the CELs are there and if its cuz of my mods then i swear im gonna dump this car at the lot... screw my credit... cuz seriously i just paid 2300 for the damn clutch...

·
Registered
967 Posts
That sucks. Hope it works out for you. Which mods you got?

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
From what I posted in the other thread..

DTC P0012 - CMP Timing over-retarded

Possible Causes:

- OCV (Oil Control Valve) Malfunction
- Low Engine Oil Pressure
- Spool Valve in OCV is stuck in retarded position
- Variable Valve Timing Actuator is stuck in the retard position
- Following Oil Runners are clogged or have leakage
- Between oil pressure switch and OCV
- Between OCV and variable valve timing actuator
- In variable valve timing actuator
- Loose timing chain or improper valve timing due to chain slippage
- PCM Malfunction

The other code you listed is not in the book, but I'm going to assume you mistyped and are getting is a DTC P2088

DTC P2088 - OCV Actuator Circuit Low

Possible Causes:

- Poor connection of the connectors at the PCM and/or OCV
- Short to ground in the wiring harness between OCV terminal A and PCM terminal 4S
- Open circuit in the wiring harness between the main relay and OCV terminal B
- Open circuit in the wiring harness between OCV terminal A and PCM terminal 4S
- OCV Malfunction
- PCM Malfunction

It's a tough situation. We know it's that shop that beat the crap out of your car, and likely they broke more than your clutch with whatever they did with it. From the dealer's point of view, I don't think they can really say things like a BOV and downpipe will causes problems with your oil supply system, but I think it's clear to them (and us) it's obviously from abuse, and they are already aware of the abuse from your previous clutch problem. It's really a tough call. You might want to try other dealers, but Mazda USA probably will get involved in the issue wherever you go.

Good luck man...I think you should be keeping the bills and forcing that shop to pay.

·
Registered
684 Posts
no offence but...
i was really envy of you that since you are 18 and u get to drive/own a MS6.....
thought u were very lucky.....then again....the table has turned..

hope everything works out man!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
ok so i took my car to the dealer... AGAIN... because i was driving an i got these CELs P2088 and P0012... well its somethin to do with the oil valve an timing and the dealer was like hey did u use engine manegment on your car? and i was like wtf no... and he said he think i tuned it and messed with it... an he said he think my mods caused the CELs... and that it will be alot to fix... i said prove it... an he said he is going to open up the car and see why the CELs are there and if its cuz of my mods then i swear im gonna dump this car at the lot... screw my credit... cuz seriously i just paid 2300 for the damn clutch...[/b]

I really don't see how any of your mods could cause those codes. Mabey if you have tried to replace the cams and broke something.

·
Registered
820 Posts
find out what oil they put in and make sure you remind the "service manager" that all of the service was done under his watch so he should be careful about his allegations, he may end up screwing himself when it comes down to diagnosis time.

·
Registered
820 Posts
When the car is under warranty I think it's better to have them done at a dealership, or some other receipt generating place. Then there is no way they can give you shit like this when there's an oil pan problem, if they're the only ones doing the service there is no one for them to pass the buck to.

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
When the car is under warranty I think it's better to have them done at a dealership, or some other receipt generating place. Then there is no way they can give you shit like this when there's an oil pan problem, if they're the only ones doing the service there is no one for them to pass the buck to.[/b]
I disagree. There really is no reason to have to take the car somewhere to get the oil changed, and as long as you keep the receipts from your oil changes (oil, filter) they aren't going to deny you service. Personally, I wil only take my car to the dealer if I absolutely have to.

·
Registered
236 Posts
When the car is under warranty I think it's better to have them done at a dealership, or some other receipt generating place. Then there is no way they can give you shit like this when there's an oil pan problem, if they're the only ones doing the service there is no one for them to pass the buck to.[/b]
Even if you don't keep your receipts (d'oh! I don't...), I think it would be very hard for them to blame a leak at the differential seal on someone else doing the oil changes...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.