Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to make my first car (with my own money) a Mazda 6 s with automatic, sport package. I'm almost set on it.

I spent today poring over this message board, trying to glean as much knowledge as I can. As was the advice of many, I used Edmunds and had internet dealers in the bay area e-mail me their quotes. What they returned was far from pleasing:

For an S with automatic, sport, and leather, I received prices ranging from 23,225 to 26,000.

Less than MSRP? Sure. But I'm reading that there are people on this board that got their's for around the same price but also had comfort, premium, moonroof, homelink, tint, and bose in there.

Am I being taken? What's a reasonable price for my request?

As a more general question (so that this post is relevant to the forum); do these internet/fleet managers bargain? Or are do they usually offer take-it-or-leave-it prices?

Thanks for all your help,
Vince

·
Registered
683 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Ok I'm going to do it....'

What did Edmunds say was the going True Market Value For the car you want?

BTW we might be able to help you more if you put your location in under your avatar.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Reading Topic: Ok I'm going to do it....

Well the MSRP of the 6s, loaded, is around $26,540 so if they are giving you $26K as a price on a 6s with a small amount of features then they are definitely trying to trick you.

·
Registered
105 Posts

If that's all you're getting with it, I'm getting an MSRP of $24,240 from edmunds.com. You might want to check out the site for yourself to find out the MSRP, invoice, and TMV prices on your exact specifications.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Sorry....my location should show up now.

Thanks so much for all your help, by the way.

So I guess according to TMV my deal is fine, but it's just some people on this board are getting a hell of a lot more stuff for that same price.

Does anybody know about my original question re: internet dealers? What if you have to order? Do you have any bargaining power there?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
305 Posts

A lot depends on where you live.

Here in Vermont, I'm settling for a deal I'd never accept in a more populous area. There's not as much competition, and it's worth a little extra to me not to have to, say, fly down to Washington DC and drive my car back up.

But in the SF Bay area? As long as you're willing to drive a little, I bet you can get within a couple of hundred bucks of invoice. There's probably, what, 20 Mazda dealers within an hour's drive? Plus the auto malls in the south bay. Get the best deal you can, then go to a closer dealer and let them know what deal you've been offered. Often they'll match or beat it, unless they're short on cars. If they won't match, then go back to the first dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts