Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k, I'm ether going to convert my 6s to rear wheel drive and switch to Manual Transmission or trade for a Speed6, what do you guy think would be better?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Define better?

It is almost certainly cheaper to trade for the MS6. However, I think it would be sweet as hell to see a RWD 6s. It would also be beneficial for everyone to see that conversion as well as the ATX to MTX swap on a 6s. How deep are your pockets? I encourage you to keep your car and do the swap. :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
k, I'm ether going to convert my 6s to rear wheel drive and switch to Manual Transmission or trade for a Speed6, what do you guy think would be better?
[/b]
For what it would cost you - even as a DIY - to convert to RWD and MTX, you could easily buy a MS6. I can't even imagine the fabrication involved in such a conversion. In fact, for that kind of money, you could buy a serious RWD or AWD sports car that would run circles around a MS6.

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,575 Posts
Are you serious??

Yeah it would be cheaper to get the MS6. Especially now.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Wow think of the money you'll be saving by just getting a MS6, it will be worth the aggravation.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I realy like my 6s, thats why I didnt just go for the trade, I'm urged to atemp converting since its something no one else would have, like that RWD civic, if I did I would put in a turbo, then you Speed6er's wouldnt have anything on me, cept the AWd, but I might just be a Speed owner soon, well, If you, guys got any more sugeustions please post

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Why don't you enjoy what you have now?.....wow what a concept !!!

Sounds to me like you are just trying to pump up your balls...

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what?

·
Registered
210 Posts
what?
[/b]
Just out of sheer curiousity, where would you start? Do you do metal work/fabrication as a hobby/profession or do you know someone that does? Have you ever engineered anything like this before? I mean, this is not something that your average shade tree mechanic would take on. I'd be absolutely fascinated to see such a conversion take place, believe me, but it certainly isn't something for the faint of heart.

Just doing a conversion over to a manual transmission would be a mean feat, let alone fabricating or adapting a rear axle (solid?) into a FWD platform. The implications and what would be required to do so boggles my mind. I'm not saying it couldn't be done - and it would certainly be unique, but what a job?!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Why don't you enjoy what you have now?.....wow what a concept !!!

Sounds to me like you are just trying to pump up your balls...
[/b]
says the guy with the stripper avatar.

IMO: If you got the money, do it. If you dont, then stfu.

Its that simple/

If you got the money you can make your 6 fly.

Coming here asking for opinions will only get you just that. Keep in mind who they are coming from, what they are driving, and their bankroll.

Ive had some sick aspirations for my 6. Dont get me wrong. Do I have the money? Right now, no. Im just waiting on commissions from my job that I earned. Thats another story. Waiting sucks but its out of my 'employers' hands when the money comes in so i deal with it. When its all said and done, will i be doing some sick shit with my 6GS... like AWD with the v6 or RWD like you said or twin turbos or goddamn wings so it can fly....... OR a new car all~together like an Evo X or new Supra or Skyline or whateverthefuck, i dunno... either way, whatever route i take, i will do something DIFFERENT with it. Uniqueness. Thats what its about. WoW what a concept!!!

If that makes my balls 'bigger' then go me, but thats not why i do anything in life. Those who would suggest its because of ball growage, I deduce THEY are the one with the mini-balls spittin BS to compensate what they cant do but wish.

:)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Only after you get your authentic train horns put in!! :D

·
Registered
344 Posts
It would be different to have a RWD 6s but, in this case, it seems like the more logical option to just get the MS6. I know you want to make your car unique, but that involves both switching to MTX AND converting to RWD. You'd be completely changing how the car was originally made. It's a cool concept, but the MS6 is a fantastic car.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
say how much do you think it would cost for a 2 month old Fully loaded 6s w/o Nav Trade for a speed6, fully loaded, or barly loaded

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
It's impossible to say how much it would "cost" without knowing all sorts of variables, namely how much you paid for yours. The fact that you've only had the car 2 months means you've probably made only 1 payment, if that. So, unless you made a big down payment, you're WAY upside-down Not a good situation to be in.

But, to give very rough figures; figure a $1,500 difference in price and $5,000 loss-in-value in yours (largely in part due to the taxes you paid and will have to pay again) -- figure anywhere from $5,000 to $8,000 more on the note. Or a monthly payment difference of $100-150 over 5 years.

Or, if you're dealing with a paid-off car already -- figure $19K trade-in for yours. And an OTD price on the MS6 of ~$25K. So you'll need to come up with ~$6K.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Only after you get your authentic train horns put in!! :D
[/b]
LMAO :laugh: :laugh:

I remember how much threads you've started Coast Starlight and all I got to say is, you're very unique, so just keep going along with what you keep doing to your car, and you'll be a moderator before you know it ;) From your bright ass white liscense plate LEDs, to the red LED strips near your shifter, and finally your train horn being installed soon, just go for it. Prove to everyone in here that your car can be the most unique 6 in the club! Think about how cool a Mazda6s RWD MTX would be, coming from a Mazda6s FWD ATX. Converting your car to a manual transmission, rear-wheel drive vehicle from a automatic transmission, front-wheel drive vehicle would make you that much cooler! Everyone in life is so afraid of change which is why they kinda like to fit in. Be the one who doesn't add the shark fin antenna, or buy the all black taillights, do the SWAP! I just hope the train business you work for pays you good money ;)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanx!. I would really like to keep my car and have a RWD MTX

- and PS, the car is paid off

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
You will lose a lot of money on your trade in ... you only had your car for a couple months.

And I seriously doubt RWD is going to happen. It would take a lot of work. We only have a market that consists of only a few intakes, exhaust, and one headers option (CPE), various transmission and suspensions modifications and umm ... thats it. We don't even have a supercharger or turbo option. No cam option, no intake manifold options, no upgraded fuel rails, aftermarket throttle bodies, and many other "common" modification in the turner world. But somehow you want to do a rear wheel drive conversion on a vehicle with very little aftermarket support. Sure there has been some rwd honda civics created. And even in the Honda world that is extremely rare. And you are talking about a vehicle that probably has the largest aftermarket support of any tuner car. Sorry, but unless you have very large pockets you cannot convert your car to RWD.

On a side note, perhaps it is possible to use the AWD system from the Jaguar Type X 3.0L. Your best bet would be to source a donor vehicle for the entire transfer of the AWD system. This will require lots of skills, time, and money. But techincally it can be done. Then, I guess, you could alter the AWD system to RWD. Its normally alot easier to convert AWD to RWD. I have seen several WRX's and EVO's like that. It all depends on what type of AWD system is used. But I'm sure Jaguar parts are very expensive. But with the right amount of $$ anything is possible.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thanx!. I would really like to keep my car and have a RWD MTX
- and PS, the car is paid off
[/b]
Dude, it sounds like you have some serious money driving around a brand new car that's already paid-off. What are you doing driving a Mazda? Want RWD, make lots of burnouts and impress chicks? You're driving the wrong car. If I had that kind of money to play with and the criteria is as you described, I'd be in a 3-series for sure and finance what I couldn't pay in cash.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts