Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting everyone,

I have purchased a number of gauges for my 6 and the only one that has me wondering about the installations is the oil temp. I have an Autometer Mechanical Oil temp gauge, the instructions say if you have a steel pan purchase a bung and weld it on. Now we have an aluminium pan, so what do I do? Do I just drill and tap a hole to the correct size of the probe?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I believe you can get some kind of adapter for the oil filter and hook it up there. Im pretty sure you still need to drill.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
You can weld it on the pan still, you just have to get someone with a tig. I would look for any empty holes in the engine first tho...

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good call fullmetal6, I just happen to have the same fitting in aluminium. I'm going to get another oil pan from the dealership and have a shop weld it up for me. I"ll do the same with my old oil pan and see if anyone wants to buy it.

Installations should be within the next couple of weeks, I'm still waiting for a few things from Autometer. I'll keep everyone informed as to how everything goes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Mazda6sMtx
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing