Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever done an oil filter sandwhich plate? this is a plate that goes on the filter which can provide an alternate source of oil for a pressure gauge or a turbo, etc. Where can i get one for the mazda 6 V6, and what specs do we have in terms of thredding and size for one? thanks.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes that is correct. i just need to know what thread ours is, and how big the hole, so i can purchase one. has anyone done one of these?

·
Registered
117 Posts
yes that is correct. i just need to know what thread ours is, and how big the hole, so i can purchase one. has anyone done one of these?
[/b]
Size is 22 x 1.5mm.

You could just do a oil filter relocation kit.
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...rtKeyField=6306

Fits late model V-8 modular engines and other engines that use a Motorcraft FL-820/FL-820S oil filter, with 22 x 1.5mm thread filters. Allows oil filter removal with little or no spillage. Uses FL-1A, FL-1HP or M-6731-H filter

This is the one I installed on my 3L Duratec in my Contour. Makes filter changing less messy and you can use the spare 2 galleys for pressure and temp gauges.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I wonder what that warning under the ad means, "Not for use in performance engines" is there a limit to the pressure those hoses can handle? or does it reduce flow?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Last I checked this was for a V8 Mustang. If that's not a performance engine I don't know what is. LOL! I've had no issues with this quality unit and don't know of any others that have either.

·
Registered
249 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
now wat i want to know is.... if i use this method, and Drill the holes in the plate, can i get oil to be pressure fed to a turbo as well as through the engine? or is a oil pressure gauge install completely different? Drill the holes in the plate for a turbo feed line, or do not drill the wholes? hmmmm.....

·
Registered
567 Posts
I would think that if you are going to install a turbo, you do not want to drill out the plate. You want the flow going to the turbo first. It MUST have full flow for lubrication. You can Tee off the line going to the turbo for your sensors or use the methods described elsewhere for installing the gauges.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
nashirak
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing