Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know i know, I did a search and checked tons of things on oil with the mazda 6s. :D Buuuuuuuut, my question is...

Does the dealer actually put in the semi-syn that the car is shipped with when I have them change my oil...or do they fill it with dino?

It would seem obvious but I read alot of members saying they are running dino (others requesting synthetic), and I don't know why you would go with that if it was already semi-syn from the dealer/factory.

MY point...If thats the case, do I have to ask the dealer to give me the Motorcraft 5w-20 semi-syn it came with from the factory, or is that what I'm already getting.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Depends on the dealer. I have found some use the Motorcraft oil as their regular 5w20 fill, some don't. One dealer here doesn't even use Mazda Full Circle service stickers as reminders, but Mobil ones.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Depends on the dealer. I have found some use the Motorcraft oil as their regular 5w20 fill, some don't. One dealer here doesn't even use Mazda Full Circle service stickers as reminders, but Mobil ones.
[/b]
Agreed. The dealer uses whatever oil they want. Some even use 5W30 rather than 5W20.

If you want to know, ask what they use and get it on the invoice.

If you want to be sure - do it yourself or get a reliable mechanic to do it and supply him/her with the oil AND the filter.
:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
silver six
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing