Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently installed an oil pressure gauge and I was wondering what values people are getting. I'm just curious so I can compare them to my own.

@ startup -> about 75psi

Idle at temperature -> 15-20psi

Driving -> 45 - 55 psi, depending on RPM

·
Registered
344 Posts
on start ups mine is at around 110, and at idle its at 25 psi, i have never seen it go below 25 psi.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Mine sits right in with the first few posters. Your numbers look fine. Exact numbers will vary based on type/weight of oil used, type of filter used, how old the oil and filter are, and many other factors.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My oil pressure at idle is now stead at around 15psi. this is with stock oil and a stock filter. Just wondering if there is anything wrong with the oil pressure that low at idle.

Once the car is moving the pressure tops out at 55-60 psi just like before.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I've recently installed an oil pressure gauge and I was wondering what values people are getting. I'm just curious so I can compare them to my own.

@ startup -> about 75psi

Idle at temperature -> 15-20psi

Driving -> 45 - 55 psi, depending on RPM
[/b]
yeah, that's about what i'm getting with my oil pressure gauge as well... things look good to me (or at least a few of us have the same results so that's a good thing!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
blackmagik_13
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing