Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I own a 2005 Mazda 6 with a 3.0L. I'm putting an engine in it. The new engine is out of a 2007 Mazda 6 3.0. The oil pan on the new engine isn't allowing my exhaust to mate up with the front manifold. Can I just swap the old oil pan onto it? Or is the bolt pattern different. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Trying to get it running by the end of the week.

·
Rally Racer
3,137 Posts
So, I own a 2005 Mazda 6 with a 3.0L. I'm putting an engine in it. The new engine is out of a 2007 Mazda 6 3.0. The oil pan on the new engine isn't allowing my exhaust to mate up with the front manifold. Can I just swap the old oil pan onto it? Or is the bolt pattern different. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Trying to get it running by the end of the week.
Change the pan and the oil pickup (possibly oil dipstick/tube). They are interchangeable. RTV on the corners.
You will need the manifold as well (or custom).
Be advised the sub-frames are different on those cars. Early has the exhaust running above the sub-frame. The later version has the exhaust running under the sub-frame (like the Ford Fusion). Many have made it work without too much issue.
Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, if I put the original (2005) oil pan back on, it should hopefully allow the exhaust to stay the way it is then. Thanks for the help. I'll follow up tomorrow with the results.

·
Rally Racer
3,137 Posts
So, if I put the original (2005) oil pan back on, it should hopefully allow the exhaust to stay the way it is then. Thanks for the help. I'll follow up tomorrow with the results.
Yes, the 2005 oil pan and oil pickup tube will fit the 2007 motor. This will allow you to continue to use your 2005 exhaust.
I believe you will need to use the engine wiring harness from the 2005 if it is a complete motor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts