Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm going to be doing the bsd I just got done doing the spin on conversion and now I'm looking at the oil pan and reading the manual and it looks like there are only 13 screws on the bottom of the oil pan are those the only ones I need to take out or do I need to remove the 4 bolts on the passenger side timing cover and also the 3 bolts on the tranny side? Thanks for the help! Don't want to do more work than necessary.

·
Registered
125 Posts
QUOTE (osajek @ Jun 30 2009, 08:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1578432
So I'm going to be doing the bsd I just got done doing the spin on conversion and now I'm looking at the oil pan and reading the manual and it looks like there are only 13 screws on the bottom of the oil pan are those the only ones I need to take out or do I need to remove the 4 bolts on the passenger side timing cover and also the 3 bolts on the tranny side? Thanks for the help! Don't want to do more work than necessary.[/b]
I havnt done this yet (too scared) but here is a link for you
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=110234

if that doesnt answer you questions then try this link, it has pretty much everything you could ask for :thumbup:
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=106292

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks for the help yeah I'm pretty nervous also but I allowed all day and I'm taking breaks so no rushing and making mistakes

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so running into a problem I have everything ready to put back together and as I do my test fit of the oil pan it won't go up, it just gets caught on one side and if I try going up at the same time it won't go in, its being held up by what looks like 1/8 so is there a trick to getting this thing in cause it came out nicer than going in.

·
Registered
692 Posts
if i remember right when i did mine i had to kinda start it at an angle and then put it up there. havent done it in a while. just finnagle with it for a little bit and it will go.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok anyone else have any ideas on how to get this thing back on I have been messing with it for about an hour and can't get it up I have tried rolling it every way that I can think of maybe I missed something?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok so I finally got it on thanks for the help guys!

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
sorry, gone all day, but glad it worked out for you.

i've pulled my pan a good 5-6 times and i'd say 2 of those times it just seemed i was putting the pan in wrong or something due to the same issues you had....no clue? i used a jack a couple times (wrapping my leg around the handle to pull down while i aligned/pryed) which helped a bit.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah I had to beat it in there with my hands I was to worried about using a hammer or jack but got it in with no leaks so I'm happy, just a long amount of time on the back.

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
Hey man, sry i didnt answer your PM. I wouldnt of been much help anyways, i didnt do the BSD myself.. glad it all worked out for you though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I'm going to be doing the bsd I just got done doing the spin on conversion and now I'm looking at the oil pan and reading the manual and it looks like there are only 13 screws on the bottom of the oil pan are those the only ones I need to take out or do I need to remove the 4 bolts on the passenger side timing cover and also the 3 bolts on the tranny side? Thanks for the help! Don't want to do more work than necessary.
ok so I finally got it on thanks for the help guys!
Well hope you are there and happy 2020.I am stuck on this like you were and I could like a little help as in to how you pulled it off..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts