Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04 mazda 6 3.0L MTX, i have no oil leaks at all on this car, checked 15 times, changed the pcv valve a week or so ago, and this thing is just sucking oil... im 2 quarts low and i have no idea why, any help would be awesome!

·
Registered
585 Posts
QUOTE (mwalker46 @ Feb 17 2010, 12:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1637618
04 mazda 6 3.0L MTX, i have no oil leaks at all on this car, checked 15 times, changed the pcv valve a week or so ago, and this thing is just sucking oil... im 2 quarts low and i have no idea why, any help would be awesome![/b]
With the car warmed up and running at idle, parking brake set, remove the dip stick. If you can see/feel air coming out you have piston ring blow-by. If you can't tell if it is sucking or blowing, take a dollar bill out of your wallet and lay it over the dip stick hole. it should suck down tight. The oil is being burned off by the engine, the only question is is it going through the PCV system or straight by the rings.

·
Registered
222 Posts
QUOTE (mwalker46 @ Feb 17 2010, 10:36 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1637618
04 mazda 6 3.0L MTX, i have no oil leaks at all on this car, checked 15 times, changed the pcv valve a week or so ago, and this thing is just sucking oil... im 2 quarts low and i have no idea why, any help would be awesome![/b]
Were you losing oil before you changed the PCV valve?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes i was loosing oil before changing the pcv, but i figured for 12 bucks i can't go wrong but it didnt solve anything

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its not piston ring blow by, my plugs are dryer then dry can be, pcv valve checked out good still and if it was rings would it not smoke all the time? i may be wrong... it only does it when im shifting gears or punchin it

·
Registered
585 Posts
its not piston ring blow by, my plugs are dryer then dry can be, pcv valve checked out good still and if it was rings would it not smoke all the time? i may be wrong... it only does it when im shifting gears or punchin it
Did you check the rear plugs? Did you have suction or pressure at the dipstick tube?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts