Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 04 mazda 6 3.0 and its a mess. Seems like someone "tried" to make a racecar out of it but failed. Got headlights working again, replaced the valve cover gaskets, ocv with the famous "10930" napa seals. Now the bigger problem apparently is the timing cover. Would it be easier to drop the cradle or pull the motor to do the timing cover gasket? Thx for all advice..

·
Rally Racer
2,726 Posts
Just got a 04 mazda 6 3.0 and its a mess. Seems like someone "tried" to make a racecar out of it but failed. Got headlights working again, replaced the valve cover gaskets, ocv with the famous "10930" napa seals. Now the bigger problem apparently is the timing cover. Would it be easier to drop the cradle or pull the motor to do the timing cover gasket? Thx for all advice..
Welcome...yes...the infamous timing cover. 12hrs to fix and it seals for 6-12mo.
It's possible to do from the side. Mazda suggests removing the engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I've watched the 3 vids this person posted. Not really wanting to do the chain(although it should be done while I'm there) but I'm it's just the smoking thats a primary concern as of now. And why you say it only last 6-12mos?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts