Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where's the location of the oil filter? I do all of my oil changes and when my 6 comes in I wanted to be prepared to what kind of hassle I'd be going through to change it. Is it in a hard to reach location?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Oil Filter Location'

on the 6s it's very easy. right by the primary headers collector. just a few inches upwards right in plain view. as long as u have a jack..it'll be a piece of cake

·
Registered
158 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Oil Filter Location'

Originally posted by White 6s

on the 6s it's very easy. right by the primary headers collector. just a few inches upwards right in plain view. as long as u have a jack..it'll be a piece of cake[/b]
On the V6 I don't think you even need a jack as their appears to be enough room to get at it and take it out. The one thing to keep in mind is that the exhaust runs inches from the path needed to remove the filter. It'd probably be a good idea to remove it when that pipe is cool.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Reading Topic: Oil Filter Location

The exhaust manifold runs right under the oil filter. When changing the oil, put some aluminum foil over the manifold so you can keep the oil off of it. Oil burning off of manifolds stinks like hell!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts