Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i messed up the threads on the oil filter housing on my 6s 3.0, i ordered the oil filter conversion kit from streetunit.com, its for converting the cartridge filter to a spin on, the 3.0 has a spin on already, anyone know if this will fit or a part number for an oem replacement???

couldn't find an oem replacement online

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
QUOTE (play_fast_tom @ Feb 18 2010, 11:48 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1637937
i messed up the threads on the oil filter housing on my 6s 3.0, i ordered the oil filter conversion kit from streetunit.com, its for converting the cartridge filter to a spin on, the 3.0 has a spin on already, anyone know if this will fit or a part number for an oem replacement???

couldn't find an oem replacement online[/b]

WOW........This one belongs on the FAIL blog under automotive genius

Take it to a shop,because if you screw it up further then you will likely end up replacing the engine.There is not a filter housing on a 3.0,the part you are after goes directly into the side of the block.

The part is $12

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, was changing the oil and found the rear engine mount was falling apart, then pissed, stripped the filter. anyway, know a part number for it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, so i'm a dumb-ass, the part is $9 and threads directly into the block, easy fix, the kit i bought is only for the 4cyl, should have done some research before i got it, of course streetunit didnt specify that it wasn't for the 6cyl....live and learn i guess

1 - 4 of 4 Posts