Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess not everywhere... but read on...

CRAP! I get home tonight after going to Truckin' nationals and I see a couple of small, two quarters next to each other, oil puddles. I look around, check my fluids and I have a good amount of engine oil on the dipstick, which looks like what is on the ground. I was going to get an oil change in 2 days anyways because its been 3000 since the last one. There is a thin layer of oil on the plastic under the engine, just a stain, not puddled. If I take it in to my closest dealer, will I have any problems since I have a MAFci? Also, I figured maybe the drain bolt or filter bolts may have come loose since the last oil change. I've never done my own oil changes on this car because of the filter, but maybe I will if the guys at my local shopped messed it up. Any ideas on what else could be leaking? I don't see any oil on any part of the engine or anywhere else, just on that plastic plate.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
An update: I was going to drive the 20 mile round trip to school and back today and then drop the car off, but when I pulles out this morning, I saw that I am now missing a large amount of oil. I took it to the dealer, and they wrote it up and gave me a 3 to drive. I haven't heard from them since, but I'm hopeful it's something simple and they will resolve it without issue. Wish me luck. By the way, I am looking at the MAZDASPEED3 and I like the stiffness and handling of the 3 I'm driving.

·
Registered
358 Posts
dont lose hope on your 6 just yet. but a 3 is a good whip. whatever you do keep it in the family. (Mazda that is)

Keep us posted on the result of the oil loss issue.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, my dealership called and said the jackasses that changes my oil (Fletcher's at 83rd & Deer Valley) used a pair of channelocks on the oil filter cover and caused it to crack. Why it took 3K miles for it to leak is beside me, but I have to pay for the new cover and that's all. I went to the guys at the shop and they said they may cover part of the cost of the replacement cover. Bastards.

On a side note, why was this moved? To newbie??? I've been on this board for a year-and-a-half and I may not post much, but I'm on here a lot. This topic seemed pretty loungey to me.

The Speed3 is looking like a go for me. I just need to see how this first semester of college goes. And if I can keep all my hours to pay for one.

·
Registered
358 Posts
your paying for a oil filter cover? If they broke it Id make them buy it. You didnt break it or ask them to bust it up right? I would be pissed.

but at least it isnt a big expensive problem like an engine failure or something

1 - 5 of 5 Posts