Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else notice the oil cooler on the cx-7? its placed right in front of the radiator leaving no room for an FMIC. just puting it out there for those of you that dont want to go FMIC and want to look into a bolt on oil cooler.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
The oil is already cooled via a water cooler attached to the top of the oil filter unit.

EDIT: poor spelling ;)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
You sure its an oil cooler? I bet its the automatic trans cooler.
[/b]

Hold for scan.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Automatic cars usually only have AT coolers...

Our oil cooler can be replaced by an oil cooler kit. GReddy offers them for several cars.

However a DIY would be much better and affordable.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
could possibly be a atx cooler. i didnt trace the lines, i just took a look thru the bottom grill. it's black and it spans the length of the radiator. the height is about 6". would be pretty large for an oil cooler now that i recall.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Is the point of the scanned image to show that the heat exchanger in question here is certainly a Transmission fluid cooler? The scanned image shows the liquid to oil heat exchanger mounted just above the filter assembly, which means we (the CX-7) certainly wouldn't have an external air to oil cooler as well. Curiously, it probably does have both liquid to atx and air to atx coolers on it as so many auto trans vehicles do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts