Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so long story short jiffy lube called me and let me know they put the wrong oil in my car (conventional instead of fully synthetic) and I don't ever want to go to those places again (they also striped my oil pan plug) and was wondering if it would be okay to just drain the oil and refill with fully synthetic or if i should just replace the new oil filter and all while im at it?

Jiffy lube did refund all my money and offered a free oil change but I'd rather just do it myself, not even hard =]

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
QUOTE (rouxw @ Feb 18 2010, 02:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1637980
so long story short jiffy lube called me and let me know they put the wrong oil in my car (conventional instead of fully synthetic) and I don't ever want to go to those places again (they also striped my oil pan plug) and was wondering if it would be okay to just drain the oil and refill with fully synthetic or if i should just replace the new oil filter and all while im at it?

Jiffy lube did refund all my money and offered a free oil change but I'd rather just do it myself, not even hard =][/b]
I would go ahead and change the filter as well,who knows what kind of cheap ass filter they put on your vehicle with toilet paper for a filter element.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Never trusted those places... I do all oil changes for the fleet of cars within my family. I run all of them with Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic motor oil and K&N oil filters. I go by this motto... you buy cheap, you get cheap quality. Make your car like you more and treat it right. I've gotten several of my vehicles over 150,000 miles and they are still going strong.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
QUOTE (the_gray_mazda6 @ Feb 18 2010, 04:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1637999
Never trusted those places... I do all oil changes for the fleet of cars within my family. I run all of them with Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic motor oil and K&N oil filters. I go by this motto... you buy cheap, you get cheap quality. Make your car like you more and treat it right. I've gotten several of my vehicles over 150,000 miles and they are still going strong.[/b]

I have to agree entirely.

Running Schaeffer's 7000 series in all my family vehicles and Using either Amsoil EAO filters(mine) or Purolator Pure One or Mobil 1 filters with my parents and in-laws vehicles

·
Registered
181 Posts
QUOTE (rouxw @ Feb 18 2010, 12:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1637980

Jiffy lube did refund all my money and offered a free oil change but I'd rather just do it myself, not even hard =][/b]

ya its ok to change it. go with a good oil and filter. I run for 6000 before i change my oil. i got friends that change it every 10000 with full synthetic.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Jiffy Lube,,,,they should call that place The Worst Place To Have Your Oil Changed On The Planet. Anyways yea just to further agree, going to synth oil is fine. I use Syntec, always have. I change mine usually 3000-4500 cuz I ride mine hard and have a hell of a daily commute.

B

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
QUOTE (the_gray_mazda6 @ Feb 18 2010, 04:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1637999
I go by this motto... you buy cheap, you get cheap quality. Make your car like you more and treat it right. I've gotten several of my vehicles over 150,000 miles and they are still going strong.[/b]
Paying more for something does not guarantee greater quality.

My Integra GS-R went over 200,000 miles using Phillips Trop-Arctic semi synthetic ($1.79 qt). It saw 8000 rpm runs to redline virtually every day of it's life and was still running well when I sold it. Good compression across all 4 cylinders, clean at the tailpipe, and no appreciable valvetrain noise.

And I only use Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic in my turbocharged car because it is usually the cheapest brand name synthetic at WalMart.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all your advice :) Bought my k&N 2010 filter and 6qrts of mobile 1 full synthetic

(07 mazda 6 v6)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts