Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just dropped off the 6 to my dealer and listed the following to have fixed...

Engine hesitates when accelerating approximately between 3,000-5,500 rpms,
Clutch-rpms hesitate to drop when engaged causing slight overreving
Exhaust tip-right tip much lower than left
Two recalls-brake light indicator, fog light.

Has anyone had any of these problems repaired and how long did it take for you to have the dealer fix it?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Oh the agony..'

Originally posted by Rowdy

Clutch-rpms hesitate to drop when engaged causing slight overreving[/b]
I am not sure you are describing the same thing I am experiencing. Everytime when I upshift, the RPM goes up a little more upon depressing the clutch. With all the other manual transmission cars I have owned, I have never seen one does that. I never thought of it as a defect. Probably more like a characteristics of the engine....

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reading Topic: Oh the agony..

When driving other vehicles, I am used to the rpms dropping when engaging the clutch, not sticking. It's hard to do the clutch/throttle transition when the rpms don't match the action of the driver.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts

...Exhaust tip-right tip much lower than left...[/b]
I'm not saying this to be mean or insulting, but I can pretty much guarantee you that the service writer and mechanics are going to get a real laugh at your expense when they read this complaint.

·
Registered
652 Posts

Originally posted by chrishart1

...Exhaust tip-right tip much lower than left...[/b]
I'm not saying this to be mean or insulting, but I can pretty much guarantee you that the service writer and mechanics are going to get a real laugh at your expense when they read this complaint.

[/b][/quote]

Not really...that's a serious complaint and they will inspect it for bent or loose hangers. How is that funny? It could be dangerous if the exhaust hangers have broken and the muffler hits the deck at 75 MPH. Not funny at all, and any mechanic who would not treat it seriously needs to have his/her ASE certification pulled.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I agree with Kristoff-
I paid $23,000 and change for a new vehicle and it shouldn't have exhaust tips that uneven. I should have posted pics before I brought the 6 in to show you how uneven they were. Standing behind it, you cannot tell as much, but when sitting in a vehicle behind the 6, it is very noticeable.

It isn't like I put a level on the spoiler and told them it wasn't looking right...

·
Registered
49 Posts

You want to talk about agony? How bout getting the back end of your car keyed by some a$$hole on the 4th of July? Our whole block was hit and any car not in a garage now has stripes on them. Can't wait to see the bill on that. 3 week old car and already needs a paint job. The horror!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Well, the dealership called me back today already and I knew something was up for them to call me back so soon. The only thing they fixed was the freakin tail pipe and that was the least of my concerns.

They said they couldn't reproduce any of my complaints. They put 4 miles on it. Perhaps that was enough for them, but all I know is the car does have shifting problems and it isnt me. It also has a hesitation problem when appying the throttle. It isnt a hp issue but a bogging down. So...since there werent any fault codes, they wont fix anything. If they actually owned the car and realized it doesnt run 100% then they would fix it. The car runs pretty good to the average driver who doesnt own one.

But the problems I mentioned are there. So now I have to live with this. I will never like the clutch and shifting this car. Even if it was wrong for me to test drive an auto and buy a stick, I still would have test drove the stick and figured it was me just having to get used to the transmission on a new car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts