Mazda 6 Forums banner

Oh such a dilema

1K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  MadMardigan 
#1 ·
So I've got student season tickets to OSU. I really really want to see the OSU vs UM game mainly because its my last year here at OSU. Unfortunately, due to the way OSU and UM are playing, it could end up being 1 vs. 2 which would raise the price of tickets on ebay substantially (currently at $1200 for 2 tickets in C deck no less). I'd just like some reassurance that if I sell these on ebay that I"m not an unfaithful buckeye fan, rather a college student who'd love to pay for a vacation with my fiance :p Of course, I'll probably set a reserve of $1500 because I'm thinking that's how much its worth to me to sell them for lol, we'll see what the prices are at the time.

My tickets are in section 13A row 13, right on top of the field practically. I was at the game last year with texas and the UM game in 2002 for our national championship, so I know how nuts it gets there.

#2 ·
Traitor!!

Haha, just kidding. Being a student, if I can make that kind of money I would as well. But then again, you'll probably miss the most exciting game of your life.

7 years ago, I could've sold my PSU vs OSU ticket for about two hundred. Didn't cause most of my friend wanted to go see the game and the road to the national title was on the line at the time (though PSU did lose the last 3 of their last 4 games). Penn State beat out Ohio State fifty something to fourty something. Can't remember the score but it was by one score at the very last minute. Most exciting game of my life. Didn't regret not selling the ticket.

#3 ·
You my friend, are not alone in this dilemma. Living on campus right now, I'd probably end up killing myself if I did it though. Although, I just have shitty C deck in the corner (opposite scoreboard). If the prices get crazy, I might just do it. That'd take care of so much for me right now.

#4 ·
Hoof, tough call. Just wait and see what happens, we got a lot of football still to play, as does Michigan.

I had the pleasure of attending OSU/UM the year we won the national championship, and let me tell you I'll never forget that as long as I live. Would I have taken 1500 for those tickets? Probably not, but I wouldn't fault you if you did.

Bucks fucking dominated yesterday by the way :D love it.

#6 ·
you cant sell them it is your last game, ever as a buckeye and it is the greatest rival game in the history of sports. both teams are highly ranked and it will be an amazin game that will go down in the history books. you can tell your children that you were at that game when ohio state beat michigan. granted that is a lot of money, but the game will bring you a lifetime of memories.

#7 ·
7 years ago, I could've sold my PSU vs OSU ticket for about two hundred. Didn't cause most of my friend wanted to go see the game and the road to the national title was on the line at the time (though PSU did lose the last 3 of their last 4 games). Penn State beat out Ohio State fifty something to fourty something. Can't remember the score but it was by one score at the very last minute. Most exciting game of my life. Didn't regret not selling the ticket.
[/b]
In 01 PSU won 29-27.... as a PSU alumni, I remember that once since it is 1 of only 2 we have won in the past 7 years against OSU.

MadMardigan - At these prices, I would probably be inclined to sell the tickets. Hell, go tailgate and watch the game at Wendels or somewhere else near the stadium. I'm certainly not an OSU fan, but you guys certainly do know how to throw a good tailgate party!! :D

#8 ·
In 01 PSU won 29-27.... as a PSU alumni, I remember that once since it is 1 of only 2 we have won in the past 7 years against OSU.

MadMardigan - At these prices, I would probably be inclined to sell the tickets. Hell, go tailgate and watch the game at Wendels or somewhere else near the stadium. I'm certainly not an OSU fan, but you guys certainly do know how to throw a good tailgate party!! :D
[/b]
Ok, I don't know where my score came from but the game I was referring to was this, so this was 9 years ago!! :

Oct. 11, 1997, at University Park, Pa.: Penn State (2) 31, Ohio State (7) 27 -- Ohio State drew ahead 27-17 in the third quarter, only to watch PSU rally for two touchdowns and the win. PSU running backs Curtis Enis (23 carries, 211 yards, 1 TD) and Aaron Harris (12 carries, 96 yards, 2 TDs) bulled their way over the Buckeyes. Harris bounced off several OSU defenders on a 51-yard TD run late in the third quarter, while Enis did likewise on his 26-yard game winner with 10:31 left in the game.

Ohio State outgained PSU 565-445 … and lost the game. OSU threw for 459 yards with Joe Germaine relieving Jackson and completing 29 of 43 passes for 378 yards with two touchdowns and two interceptions. David Boston had 14 catches for 153 yards and a TD.

Michigan, on its way to a national title, ended up doing in both PSU and OSU in later in the season. PSU ended

#11 ·
You're not a true buckeye. I graduated from UM a few years ago, and there were games where we'd see the opposing team's fans in OUR student section because some traitor sold his student tickets to them. It made us all sick. Now, because you're a buckeye, I hate you with a passion. Nevertheless, how would you feel if you ended up selling your ticket(s) to a UM fan? I love the rivalry. So if you're even thinking about selling that ticket, you might as well, cause the other true buckeyes don't deserve that. When I watch that game this year, I want to see a sea of scarlett with a tiny little patch of maize off to one side. The rivalry is what it is because of the students.

Edit: Why did you buy season tickets for your senior year if you're going to pass up the greatest game of them all, including whatever bowl game you get?

#12 ·
I'd only sell to Ohio addresses first. Second, I got student tickets just because it only costs $155, I didn't think we'd be doing this great or ranked this high nor was I thinking Michigan would be undefeated so far.

I also don't get bowl game tickets anyway and I've already seen OSU beat UM in 2002 to go to the national championship. Not to mention, prices for tickets are steadily at $1100 for two.

#13 ·
I'd only sell to Ohio addresses first. Second, I got student tickets just because it only costs $155, I didn't think we'd be doing this great or ranked this high nor was I thinking Michigan would be undefeated so far.

I also don't get bowl game tickets anyway and I've already seen OSU beat UM in 2002 to go to the national championship. Not to mention, prices for tickets are steadily at $1100 for two.
[/b]
One other concern..... Didn't I hear the osu was cracking down on people without student IDs trying to use student tickets? If so, that might limit your market. The $1,100 might be for general tickets that don't require a student ID.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.