Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it finally happened. I was on my way to work this afternoon and the intermitent power loss owned me. I was in first and when I got to 2500-3000 rpm, you could tell there was no boost. It happened in all gears. One call to the dealership and they said, "No problem. Drop off the car @ 8 in the morning. We will put you in a loaner for the day."

Hopefully that is what the issue is. I just bought my car a little over a month ago and it has about 3500 miles. This is the first issue I have seen. I am not sure if it has already recieved the flash though. I looked for the sticker under the hood and the door jam but found no specific markings.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Up until yesterday I had resolved myself to not getting the flash. We have 93 octane here and I hadn't had any powerloss. That was until yesterday. A couple of weird tick tick tick noises and my power was gone. Simple restart brought me back good as new but I was left wondering if there was a real problem with the original ECU setup. Took the plunge and got the reflash at Koons Mazda in Marlow Heights, MD. Johnny Booze (that's his real name) was the manager and he was cool and indicated that aftermarket parts (like an intercooler) wouldn't be a problem - good sign.

My ecu was reflashed with file # SW-L38KEC000.

I was going off of a previous thread indicating a file SW-L38JEB000 as the latest version and a good reflash in that significant reduction was not observed post flash. It seems mine was a later version of this one judging by the lettering.

I can say that the SOTP feeling is a little smoother onset of power but she pulls as hard as before maybe harder. I was really getting on it to test and got crossways a couple of times... wink.gif I am happy with the result and feel more confident in the reflashed ECU as in, they wouldn't issue a recall if there wasn't a problem. That powerloss thing made me nervous.

I didn't find any sticker on my doorjam. Where should I be looking?
The repair order said "reflashed PCM xxB326FX .3..." I had to ask for the file version used for the reflash.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SWEET! I was having the SAME symptoms. I have an appointment for tomorrow. I am going to ask for the version you stated above. Thanks for the information.

I don't think it's the gas, though that was a great idea. we will see tomorrow I hope. I wonder what crappy loaner I would get?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Do you need a loaner for a reflash? How long could it possibly take to flash an ECU? I know flashing EEPROM and such takes seconds usually. Why does it take them all day?

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Koons Mazda in Marlow heights Sucks!!!....they must have gotten their act together since I have been there.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you need a loaner for a reflash? How long could it possibly take to flash an ECU? I know flashing EEPROM and such takes seconds usually. Why does it take them all day?
[/b]
No idea. I dropped it off this morning and they gave me a 2006 Kia Sedona (Enterprise, they paid). It's not a huge deal about dropping it off all day when they provide a loaner/rental. I called yesterday afternoon and they got me in today. They probably had other cars scheduled throughout the day and fit me in.

Anwyays... dropped off this mroning and Service Consultant seemed to insinuate that the issue isn't really an issue. He asked if I really saw this issue because I am the first to have this issue. I said that yes I indeed had the problem yesterday. I also asked (for the second time) to have the BeltMinder turned off. He said he would try but that he doubted it (said they couldn't find the setting last time).

I didn't ask for a specific software version but I am going to call and ask which version was installed.

·
Registered
97 Posts
has anyone tracked there car before and after the flash - is there a change in teh overall performace of he car? -- which one is faster -

I haven't had power lose issues yet but debating to get it sent in for the flash

·
Registered
217 Posts
Up until yesterday I had resolved myself to not getting the flash. We have 93 octane here and I hadn't had any powerloss. That was until yesterday. A couple of weird tick tick tick noises and my power was gone. Simple restart brought me back good as new but I was left wondering if there was a real problem with the original ECU setup. Took the plunge and got the reflash at Koons Mazda in Marlow Heights, MD. Johnny Booze (that's his real name) was the manager and he was cool and indicated that aftermarket parts (like an intercooler) wouldn't be a problem - good sign.

My ecu was reflashed with file # SW-L38KEC000.

I was going off of a previous thread indicating a file SW-L38JEB000 as the latest version and a good reflash in that significant reduction was not observed post flash. It seems mine was a later version of this one judging by the lettering.

I can say that the SOTP feeling is a little smoother onset of power but she pulls as hard as before maybe harder. I was really getting on it to test and got crossways a couple of times... wink.gif I am happy with the result and feel more confident in the reflashed ECU as in, they wouldn't issue a recall if there wasn't a problem. That powerloss thing made me nervous.

I didn't find any sticker on my doorjam. Where should I be looking?
The repair order said "reflashed PCM xxB326FX .3..." I had to ask for the file version used for the reflash.
[/b]
There's no indication anywhere that there is a new reflash for the Mazdaspeed 6. I asked my dealer on Friday if there were any updates, they have always been good and said there was nothing yet.

Again, let's understand exactly what we say before we end up getting everyone worried due to different 'lettering'.

Anyone know what the file names or different lettering represent?

Also, I'm pretty sure if you didn't get he first one, this is it...

has anyone tracked there car before and after the flash - is there a change in teh overall performace of he car? -- which one is faster -

I haven't had power lose issues yet but debating to get it sent in for the flash
[/b]
Have a look around, there are several threads related to this...some are happy, some aren't.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I called to get my file # and the lady that helped me couldn't find it :-|
She asked the tech but he gave some weird ass 4 digit number that really doesn't do much justice, lo.
I'll have to take my car down and have them hook up to it to get the file #

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
YAY! I just got back from the dealer. They "recalibarated the PCM according to the recall". The car is just as it was before. Pulls like a fucking train and just as quick as before. I still love my Speed6.

I also got the beltminder turned off. They charged me $39 to do it, which isn't too bad as it took them some time to find it.

I am happy again... I got my baby back! :drive: = :love:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Does it feel like there is still boost but barely? That is what I experienced today. My car still pulls through the gears but no nearly as strong as before.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well it finally happened. I was on my way to work this afternoon and the intermitent power loss owned me. I was in first and when I got to 2500-3000 rpm, you could tell there was no boost. It happened in all gears. One call to the dealership and they said, "No problem. Drop off the car @ 8 in the morning. We will put you in a loaner for the day."

Hopefully that is what the issue is. I just bought my car a little over a month ago and it has about 3500 miles. This is the first issue I have seen. I am not sure if it has already recieved the flash though. I looked for the sticker under the hood and the door jam but found no specific markings.[/b]

Just curious wasntme, what octane are you running?
I had the issue once on 91 but never again since switching to Speedway 94... I'm too skittish/stupid to get the re-flash since Mazda wont tell me exactly what the change is.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Just curious wasntme, what octane are you running?
I had the issue once on 91 but never again since switching to Speedway 94... I'm too skittish/stupid to get the re-flash since Mazda wont tell me exactly what the change is.[/b]

i don't think mine pulls the same. the weather here sucks balls, so i'm not positive, but from the little driving i have done since the reflash, i'm going to say the boost doesn't feel as aggressive around 3 grand. i guess maggie needs to get her chip sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Why do you keep refering to yourself in Third person?...you know that is a slow slope towards insane?

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I was crazy once, then they put me in a rubber room. Rubber rooms make me crazy. Crazy? I was crazy once, then they put me in a rubber room. Rubber rooms make me crazy. Crazy? I was crazy once, then they put me in a rubber room. Rubber rooms make me crazy. Crazy? I was crazy once, then they put me in a rubber room. Rubber rooms make me crazy. Crazy? I was crazy once, then they put me in a rubber room. Rubber rooms make me crazy. Crazy? I was crazy once, then they put me in a rubber room. Rubber rooms make me crazy. Crazy? I was crazy once, then they put me in a rubber room. Rubber rooms make me crazy. Crazy? I was crazy once, then they put me in a rubber room. Rubber rooms make me crazy. Crazy? I was crazy once, then they put me in a rubber room. Rubber rooms make me crazy. Crazy? I was crazy once, then they put me in a rubber room. Rubber rooms make me crazy. Crazy? I was crazy once, then they put me in a rubber room. Rubber rooms make me crazy. Crazy?

·
Registered
66 Posts
My initial thought is that maggie is the car's name, not the owners, but i could be wrong or it could be both.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I was crazy once, then they put me in a rubber room. Rubber rooms make me crazy. Crazy? I was crazy once, then they put me in a rubber room. Rubber rooms make me crazy. Crazy? I was crazy once, then they put me in a rubber room. Rubber rooms make me crazy. Crazy? I was crazy once, then they put me in a rubber room. Rubber rooms make me crazy. Crazy? I was crazy once, then they put me in a rubber room. Rubber rooms make me crazy. Crazy? I was crazy once, then they put me in a rubber room. Rubber rooms make me crazy. Crazy? I was crazy once, then they put me in a rubber room. Rubber rooms make me crazy. Crazy? I was crazy once, then they put me in a rubber room. Rubber rooms make me crazy. Crazy? I was crazy once, then they put me in a rubber room. Rubber rooms make me crazy. Crazy? I was crazy once, then they put me in a rubber room. Rubber rooms make me crazy. Crazy? I was crazy once, then they put me in a rubber room. Rubber rooms make me crazy. Crazy?[/b]

:rofl:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts