Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Reading Topic: Oh come on!

Buy an Audi A4, a couple of years old. That's plenty car, and with a bit of fun-factor too. And it has the look.

(but it ain't no 6).

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

How about a Mitsubishi Galant or an Infiniti G20?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

3-series, A4, G20 - too small. These cars are more in the compact class than the midsize class. No Mitsu's. Neighbor didn't like his, had problems. Turned me off.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Replying to Topic 'Oh come on!'

Originally posted by Steve 6er

Buy an Audi A4, a couple of years old. That's plenty car, and with a bit of fun-factor too. And it has the look.

(but it ain't no 6).[/b]
I just re-read this, and yes - if it were in the same size class, it would be a serious consideration. I like them. Alot.

·
Registered
464 Posts

well you just eliminated basically every mid sized car in the market.

how about a used Lincoln LS sport? Yes I know its american but it still is pretty big, fast as hell, tons of room, and is sporty and can get either a v6 or v8 and is very good looking.

Audi as someone stated is an option or a used A6 if you need it bigger. audis are sexy cars

You could always go with a Maxima. They are fast. Only downside is they arent really sporty and everyone in america has one.

another option is subarus. They have some mid sized cars and their new ones are decent looking with good engines and 4 wheel drive.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

For the price of an used A6 you could easily get a brand new M6. So this is not really an option. I believe AJ has to 'bake' himself a car then, or get the the M6 :D.

·
Registered
212 Posts

I second the Lincoln LS - give it a try! A used V6 can be had for a very good price and they are extremely good cars. But it might still cost more than you want to spend.

A frined of mine has driven his father's LS and said the car handled like a dream (quite a compliment from someone who drives SVT Contour).

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by applejax

(but it ain't no 6).[/b]
I just re-read this, and yes - if it were in the same size class, it would be a serious consideration. I like them. Alot.[/b][/quote]

But you are wrong. The A4 is as big as the 6. No fuzz.

·
Registered
464 Posts

Originally posted by Driver6

For the price of an used A6 you could easily get a brand new M6. So this is not really an option. I believe AJ has to 'bake' himself a car then, or get the the M6 :D.[/b]
yeah hehe i just threw that one in the mix because he said A4 was too small :) European cars hold their value too well.

·
Registered
980 Posts

Originally posted by stretchsje

Test drive a Protege yet?  I'm tellin' ya- they're not that small inside.[/b]
I finally went inside the Protege5 and they are quite small. It will be roomy for 4 people (although leg room might be a problem) but for 5 it will be way too small.
Damn, AJ why don't you just get a 6, it will solve all your problems.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Originally posted by applejax

(but it ain't no 6).[/b]
I just re-read this, and yes - if it were in the same size class, it would be a serious consideration. I like them. Alot.[/b][/quote]

But you are wrong. The A4 is as big as the 6. No fuzz.[/b][/quote]

For example:
1998 Audi A4:
Front Headroom: 38.1 in.
Rear Headroom: 36.8 in.
Front Legroom: 41.3 in.
Rear Legroom: 33.4 in.
Front Shoulder Room: 54.7 in.
Rear Shoulder Room: 53.4 in.
Passenger Volume: 87.7 cu ft.

2003 Mazda6:
Front Headroom: 38.7 in.
Rear Headroom: 37.1 in.
Front Legroom: 42.3 in.
Rear Legroom: 36.5 in.
Front Shoulder Room: 56.1 in.
Passenger Volume: 96.1 cu ft.
Rear Shoulder Room: 54.9 in.

So you see, the Audi is considerably in a smaller size class.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Oh come on!'

AJ, can't you see it yourself?

These figures proove the cars are the same size - within parts of an inch...

I have spent a lot of time in an A4. It is just about the same size as my 6. Can't tell the difference.

There's much more than pure numbers also. It depends on how they measure.

The A4 and the 6 is definitely in the same size class. IMHO.

Find me a car that you consider being in the same size class as the 6 and get its equivalent numbers. You'll see my point.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Oh come on!'

the biggest diff in size is rear legroom and who cares about the back passengers :) especially if you just have kiddies. And unless your a football player or really big dude i doubt the 1" of shoulder room will matter much.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

There's much more than pure numbers also. It depends on how they measure.[/b]
Agreed - and this is something I wondered. By the numbers, though, the A4 is smaller.

The A4 and the 6 is definitely in the same size class. IMHO.[/b]
Real-world observation noted.

Find me a car that you consider being in the same size class as the 6 and get its equivalent numbers. You'll see my point.[/b]
The two main things I am looking at right now are rear seat room and trunk space. The A4, by the numbers, is significantly smaller than cars such as the Camry, Accord, Altima, etc. I can provide numbers, but not now. Maybe later.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts