Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 6 come with 205/55 R16 supously x 6,5. (I think the offset is 55)
What do you think about the Supperleggera in the 6 STRATO BLUE?. I am looking for a T17 light wheel (Superleggera 15 lbs). My first choice was a OZ Antares but is a little heavy, maybe 25 lbs R17.

I found the Superleggera with 3 differents offsets:
Which one fit better??

17 x 7 offset=45mm +4 (clearance space inside) + 16 Outside
17 x 8 =40mm -4 +34
17 x 8 =48mm -12 +26

I am thinking in tires 215/45 or 225/40

What about the 17x7? Work fine??
and the 17x8??

Thanks in advanced
TOMAS

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Reading Topic: Offset. Which One? Advice please

And suppously the originals R16 weight 21 lbs according some mails posted
TOMAS

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

6.5 is like I read in my manual. Very stranger

·
Registered
303 Posts

Will 18x7.5 +43 offset fit the M6?? I'm thinking about getting the 5Zigen MK-6 hyper black..let me know if that will fit perfect and I'm also going to lower it with Eibach spring.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Offset. Which One? Advice please'

http://www.enkei.com/performance/rs6.htm

i dunno what the deal is here, nice 6 spoked rims (im goin for a 6 theme) but what the hell is with the 38 offset. The website claims the rs6 rim has good caliper clearance, but theres no price or fitment guide on theyre website. I was just wondering what the effects of trying to do this would be. Earlier posts claim that a 45-50 offsets work ideally, but i was just wonderin about a 38 offset. Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts

I called Enkei today today ask about an 18" wheel they have with a 45mm offset. They said they couldn't guarantee that it would fit, but that they were doing a new fitment guide sometime next month. :wtf Are any wheels going to fit this car? Most of the aftermarket wheels out there have a 35 to 48mm offset. Does anyone have 45mm offset wheels on their ride? If so, are they rubbing or sticking out. Thanks.

·
Registered
656 Posts

My wheels have a +45mm offset. Yes, they stick out more than the stock wheels. No, they do not stick out so much that they look bad. It's hardly even noticeable. Unfortunatly they do rub on the rear fenders a little. I've got 225 40 18's and when the rear suspention is compressed they rub just a tad. I tried 235 40 18's and they rubbed really bad. To fix this I am going to roll the rear fender lips up. This will deffinatly fix the problem. I'm waiting for the fender roller tool to be sent to me. Tire rack loans out a tool to do this for free but, the wait is about 8 months. I found another website that rents out the same tool for 50 bucks and the wait there is only about 2 months. So in about a month and a half I'll let you guys know how it went. It only rubs when people are in the back seat so, I can wait a little bit of time. I just take it easy over bumps and dips when my car is all loaded up. Hopefully after the fenders are rolled I'll be able to drop it with the Eibachs. Then it will look fu*kin mean.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

The following wheel sizes should fit, but not without flanging the rear wheel-arch:

8x18 +40mm offset
8x18 +42mm offset
7x18 +42mm offset
7,5x18 +40mm offset

I've been looking around a lot for 18" and it seems as if you want to go with that size you just have to flange the rear wheel arches. Otherwise the tire will rub when the car is coming too low.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts