Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. So I am very new to this. I've had my Mazda 6 2007 since 2008. Now I'm looking to get rims. And I found a couple nice ones I really like. I especially like one in particular that has an offset of 35. Here's the info I got on it:
Size:
18x8.5
Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3
Offset: +35mm

Is the offset wrong? :confused:
I mean what's the lowest and or highest I can go? I don't speed too often, so it's basically there for the looks. I have a silver Mazda, or whatever the official name is for it, someone do tell me because I can't find it anywhere and I want to buy some touch up paint also.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Offset is pretty important due to rubbing issues. The lower you go the more the wheel will stick out causing your fenders to rub the tire. With that width of rim that offset would probably be too low to fit even if your fenders were rolled. Check out this for ideas on rim sizes: http://forum.mazda6club.com/wheels-tires/133174-members-wheels.html

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
thats the same size as evox wheels, you will need a tight roll, maybe a slight pull on the rear fenders

im running 18x8 +35, .5" narrower...

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
You'll rub like crazy without pulling your fenders.

In an 18x8...stick to a +45 or higher. Even with a +45, you'll need a slight fender roll.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone who has responded to me! I appreciate it... although. What is a fender roll? And what would I have to do to modify what I need to in order to make this rims fit? I'd like to know for future references. If it's too difficult or complicated for me, I do have a couple other choices in rims to choose with an offset of +45/+48.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Look for something in the 18x7.5 to 18x8 range with an offset of 48 or higher. I'm running 18x7.5 and +48. It's an ideal set-up for the 6.

Just do a search for fender rolling. There's plenty of info on this board regarding it.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts