Mazda 6 Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
there are knock offs available if you still want a wheel that looks like the ALT sonix. one is the excel speed and another is the flik bullet. i don't know if either of those will actually fit, but they do look like the ALT wheel you like.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Couldn't find anything except for motorcycle wheels for the Excel Speed. For the Flik Bullet, they will not fit. The bolt pattern is 4x100, and that will not do.
[/b]
wheelmax sells the excel speed. both are made in applications to fit the 6 i believe, but those applications might not be available right now. i could be wrong, but i would call wheelmax and see if they will ever get in a size that will fit the 6.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Wheelmax has always seemed a little shady to me. Just from the website presentation and a customer service stand-point. Have you had a good experience with them?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Ok, so after talking to lakeshore for some time yesterday (at times a little heated) they kept telling me I was going to have to pay a 20% restocking fee to get a full cash refund. F that! So after debating whether or not to put a stop payment on my credit card, I tried calling them one more time this morning and they have agreed to give me a full refund.

So, I am going with the safe and simple bet of getting rx-8 rims. I like the 5 spokes, and after dealing with this whole thing, I'm just going to stick with oem 5 spokes and I like the way the rx-8 rims look (not quite as much as the alts), but I can actually get them a bit cheaper, and I'm burnt out with this whole ordeal.

Only thing that kinda sucks is I already have the tires (215/45/r18) that were supposed to go on a 7.5" wide rim, but now will have the intended purpose of going on an 8" wide rim. Will still fit, but would have liked to go with a 225 for that size rim. But, there's another topic for that issue, so back to it.

Again, thanks for the help (even if for no other purpose than to listen to me vent)! Hope you all have a good holiday.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Man, I guess we all need Hondas to not have these wheel fitment issues. This sucks!! Glad you got your money back. www.discounttiredirect.com has a MB 5 spoke wheel for $118, the guy in the group buy section has 20lb 18x7.5 wheels for $415 shipped.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Man, I guess we all need Hondas to not have these wheel fitment issues. This sucks!! Glad you got your money back. www.discounttiredirect.com has a MB 5 spoke wheel for $118, the guy in the group buy section has 20lb 18x7.5 wheels for $415 shipped.
[/b]
No kidding, damn high offset really limits the potential for rims for us... oh well, just got off the phone with the guy with the rx-8 rims and they should be at my house by saturday (crosses fingers).

$450. Think that's a fair price. And they are OEM wheels, so I can be sure they won't look ricey, and I can eventually put some fatter rubber on if I so choose.

I like a nice clean 5 spoke, no extra stuff going on, and I like the spokes to go out to the edge of the rim to give a bigger feel to the rim. I think the rx-8's will fit the bill.

Ah, now just have to wait for my refunds...

·
Registered
214 Posts
$450 is cheap. i just paid $550 for mine 2 weeks ago, but they had to be shipped 2k miles across the country.

as for wheelmax, i have bought from them before and have never had a single issue with them.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
$450 is cheap. i just paid $550 for mine 2 weeks ago, but they had to be shipped 2k miles across the country.

as for wheelmax, i have bought from them before and have never had a single issue with them.
[/b]
yeah, mine came to $502 shipped from texas to wisconsin. Three of them are supposed to be perfect and one of them has a small section of rash. Hopefully have the tires mounted by early next week if not this weekend.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Man, I guess we all need Hondas to not have these wheel fitment issues. This sucks!! Glad you got your money back. www.discounttiredirect.com has a MB 5 spoke wheel for $118, the guy in the group buy section has 20lb 18x7.5 wheels for $415 shipped. [/b]

Or maybe just better aftermarket vendors....that could have happened to any brand of car. I agree, you did the best thing to simply return them and insist on nothing less than a full refund.....glad the merchant saw it your way without having to go thru the whole credit card ordeal.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hmm... I guess I'm a day late with this reply, but I was going to suggest you take a look at the Kyowa 210 if you want the same clean 5 spoke look as the ALT Sonix. The Sonix was my 1st choice as well until I came across the Kyowa's, and Kyowa Racing responded to my e-mail inquiries about the weight of the 210s in 17x7 size (17 lbs). I've found them for as low as $111 each from a So Cal shop that also does mail order nationwide. Here's the image, in case others might be interested.

But so long as you're happy with the final result, that's what matters. Sorry you had to go through the hassle to get the end result though!

~Kendalf

So, I am going with the safe and simple bet of getting rx-8 rims. I like the 5 spokes, and after dealing with this whole thing, I'm just going to stick with oem 5 spokes and I like the way the rx-8 rims look (not quite as much as the alts), but I can actually get them a bit cheaper, and I'm burnt out with this whole ordeal.

Only thing that kinda sucks is I already have the tires (215/45/r18) that were supposed to go on a 7.5" wide rim, but now will have the intended purpose of going on an 8" wide rim. Will still fit, but would have liked to go with a 225 for that size rim. But, there's another topic for that issue, so back to it.
[/b]

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.