Mazda 6 Forums banner

321 - 331 of 331 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Also applied update. Everything seemed to go smoothly. You're correct that this version doesn't have a separate fail safe install, so it's all in the one package. Saves a step!

·
Registered
57 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got a couple quotes today from my local dealers for the CP/AA install on my 2016 Touring. One was $475 ($200 for parts and $275 for 3 hours of labor); other was $440 ($200 in parts, $240 for 3 hours of labor). If you've had this done at your local dealer, do those quotes sound reasonable? It sounds like the install may only take ~2 hours to complete so is the 3-hour estimate high?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Apologies for the extra post but another question for you guys: has anybody had any luck buying the OEM parts online and having their dealer do the software update/install?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I think there was a change in their procedure for installing this?
Originally, they took apart more of the centre console but I saw the most recent docs and it basically instructed the Tech. to tuck the wires up under the sides of the console where the side panel meets the floor carpets between seat and console.

Keep in mind some of this cost is updating the software, which you could easily do on your own and safe time (money).

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just an FYI to those that might be curious, my 6 is at the dealership for a repair (rear seat chrome strip broken) and they gave me a 2019 3 for a loaner. It has the newer wide screen and AA uses that extra space nicely with the new interface. The navigation bar is on the left side vertically instead of horizontal along the bottom. While in the maps screen the music playing and time/date are to the right. It's really nice to be able to see both on the screen at once.

I know this isn't 6 related for this generation, but I'm sure the next 6 will have an interface similar to the 3 and thought others might find this interesting.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Dear people
Any one know about maybe a new cable set:
C922-V6-606
I am trying to buy a kit for internet and I found a seller for internet selling a kit with (hub and cables) with these cables set.
Greetings

·
Registered
2 Posts
As far as I know there is no cable set -606. Perhaps it`s a typo of the seller. It usually is -605. But each cable is the same - despite the different regional order number.

321 - 331 of 331 Posts