Mazda 6 Forums banner

221 - 240 of 331 Posts

·
Administrator
8,401 Posts
Has anyone tried Waze on CP/AA yet? I'm wondering if the functionality of the app carries over to the system's commander knob...

·
Registered
679 Posts
I’ve only had it for a few days but I prefer the Mazda Nav over Apple maps for look and overall functionality. I mentioned before that I like how the Mazda Nav displays street names. The graphics IMO are nicer too.

GLITCH: Anyone else notice this.... With Apple maps, when I come to a stop, the map will stop scrolling. My car icon will then drive off the viewing area when I start to move again. I have to spin the Commander knob and click on the cursor icon in the header to recenter the map and get it to start scrolling again.

This big news... I downloaded iOS 12 last night and Google maps is in the update :grin2:

I haven’t had a chance to fire it up yet.

I installed ios 12 last night, google maps didn't load to the main screen like yours. There's room for it.... wondering how to add/get it on the display for carplay.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I installed ios 12 last night, google maps didn't load to the main screen like yours. There's room for it.... wondering how to add/get it on the display for carplay.
Asking an obvious question.... do you have the Google maps app installed on your phone?

Is there a second page in the CarPlay settings that you can swipe to? Maybe it’s off to the right. In the settings screen that I posted, this is where you can rearrange the icons to your liking.

I didn’t do anything special. I updated to iOS 12 not expecting Google maps to be even be available yet and it was in there.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Has anyone tried Waze on CP/AA yet? I'm wondering if the functionality of the app carries over to the system's commander knob...
I haven’t seen Waze yet but Google Maps and CarPlay in general work really well with the commander knob. Google Maps for instance ... if you just spin the knob clockwise a few clicks, it stops on the microphone. You can do this easily without looking. Tap the knob, say “Walgreens on Dale Road in New Bern NC”, and it finds it and routes it. Really intuitive.

With Waze it will be interesting to see how easy it is to use and look up or report incidents.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Asking an obvious question.... do you have the Google maps app installed on your phone?

I do, I guess that's why I was thinking it would show up

Is there a second page in the CarPlay settings that you can swipe to? Maybe it’s off to the right. In the settings screen that I posted, this is where you can rearrange the icons to your liking.

I played around with that screen and couldn't come up with a way to add any icon to it.

You may have to update the GoogleMaps App. itself.
I'll give that a shot. Probably been a year at least since I've updated Google.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'll give that a shot. Probably been a year at least since I've updated Google.

I suspect this will fix you up. Developers couldn't get Google Maps to work either when they had the iOS 12 beta...and it was because Google Maps wasn't updated to utilize the new functionality in 12.

Good luck!

·
Administrator
8,401 Posts
I just passed 5,000 miles this past weekend, so I'm heading to the dealer for my (free) oil change, scheduled for Friday. I also am scheduled to get the CP/AA installed. The dealer just told me that they finished retro-fitting the in-stock cars two weeks ago, and have been installing them into owner's cars since then.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi: Called my dealer here in London,Ontario....retro fit is coming by mid-Oct!!! It is not free here in Canada,called Mazda Canada & they confirmed this couldn't tell me the price to do the retro fit....if it is say 200-300 will do it otherwise not likley as after spending 40,000 on car do not think it should be much more then that amount.So hoping to see other Canadian owners post their experinces here to help each other!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
In Ontario you can call

Scarboro Mazda or mazda Hamilton

https://mobile.twitter.com/MazdaHamilton/status/1037368002352754688

Hi: Called my dealer here in London,Ontario....retro fit is coming by mid-Oct!!! It is not free here in Canada,called Mazda Canada & they confirmed this couldn't tell me the price to do the retro fit....if it is say 200-300 will do it otherwise not likley as after spending 40,000 on car do not think it should be much more then that amount.So hoping to see other Canadian owners post their experinces here to help each other!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just passed 5,000 miles this past weekend, so I'm heading to the dealer for my (free) oil change, scheduled for Friday. I also am scheduled to get the CP/AA installed. The dealer just told me that they finished retro-fitting the in-stock cars two weeks ago, and have been installing them into owner's cars since then.

@Mz6GreyGhost

Wait, how did you get the first oil change/service for free?

5000 miles is coming up for me, and I would love to get it free too!

·
Registered
15 Posts
No news for west coast yet, you guys on the east coast are lucky!

221 - 240 of 331 Posts