Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Reading Topic: Official Pics of the New Subaru Legacy

Wow..

#1) I really love that color too
#2) I really love the design for the front of this car. The rear is so-so.

I see they started doing what MB does with turn signals on the side mirrors. All in all, it's not too bad at all.

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts

AS far as the interiors goes... Those gauges look like they were ripped from the Civic! Same colors and everything. And is it just me or does the passenger front area look really naked? There needs to be something there.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wagon Interior: Seat Folding Mechanism

Looks like karakuri isn't a Mazda exclusive anymore.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

I like the back.

And the interior looks real nice. Except for the fact that they put the steering wheel on the wrong side. Hope they fix that in the production version.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Replying to Topic 'Official Pics of the New Subaru Legacy'

Little touches I really love:
McIntosh Audio system with 13 speakers, 150W, and in dash 6CD changer (okay, this one isn't really little)
Center console is tilted toward the driver
Brushed metal look on the console is darker than the silver trim around the rest of the interior.
Three Spoke steering wheel
Electroluminescent gauges
Use of the nav screen as additional gauge pack
The door pull (interior) and handle look great.

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts

McIntosh is awesome.. I (well.. my dad) used to own one of their accessory amps hooked up to a set of B&W speakers and it sounded amazing!

I would love to hear that system.. See if it compares to a Mark Levinson that you would find the in the Lexus'.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Originally posted by kenoka

Little touches I really love:
McIntosh Audio system with 13 speakers, 150W, and in dash 6CD changer (okay, this one isn't really little)[/b]
Remains to be seen...or heard, more accurately.

Center console is tilted toward the driver[/b]
:thumbup

Why did the industry even move away from this trend?

Might I add the seats look cozy and grippy - the side supports look like they are really designed to hold you in the seat.

All in all, the interior is a very well put together package and looks simply excellent!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Man!! do I love the interior of this!! I love the rear end too. Only thing I don't like is the huge front over-hang. And yeah Ken, using the NAV as a secondary guage display is incredibly cool!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Here's a pic of the 3-D Nav display. Japan has the coolest NAV software.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Holy sheeballs!

But, it actually looks more difficult to process than a standard "map" NAV system. Any Human Factors Engineers in the house?

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts

Wow.. That is just amazing. I guess it's much easier to get that kind of stuff because of how small Japan is.. I couldn't imagine the number of discs (even on DVD) you would need to do that for the entire US. I'm blown away.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Specs:
Length: 4635 mm (182.48 in)
Width: 1730 mm (68.11 in)
Height: 1425 mm [1435 for GT] (56.10 in)
Wheelbase: 2670 mm (105.12 in)
Vehicle Weight: 1330-1460 kg (2932.15 - 3218.75 lb)
Gross Vehicle Weight: 1605-1735 kg (3538.42 - 3825.02 lb)

Engine Output (2.0 liter dual AVCS Twin-Scroll turbo):
Power: 191 [email protected] (256.14 hp)
Torque: 343 [email protected] (253 lb.ft.)

Keep in mind the USDM version will likely have a 2.5 liter version of this engine. :D

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Highlights from the Subaru Legacy press release:

Along with the optimized body size, the functional and aerodynamic exterior styling accents the new Legacy. The underside of the floor has been made as flat as possible by the attachment of covers over several components located below the floor. The Station Wagon boasts a drag coefficient ratio (CD) of 0.3, and the Sedan model achieves 0.28. Aerodynamic styling contributes to improved straight-line driving stability, quietness, and fuel economy.[/b]
Clean-lined, sashless windows, which is our tradition, highlight the side view of the vehicle. The door mirrors feature a design that prevents dust and dirt from sticking to the mirrors. They are fitted with light-emitting diode (LED) turn signal lights that are known to improve recognition levels of turns by pedestrians and bikers, who have higher eye positions compared with car drivers.[/b]
A revolutionary new engine exhaust system and twin mufflers (except in the 2.0i and 2.0i Casual edition) have been added to improve engine exhaust efficiency and to deliver high torque in either the high or low revolution ranges. The "equal length/constant pulsation independent exhaust system" is fitted with two equal-length exhaust pipes, which help to induce equal levels of combustion in all four cylinders. Through the use of the new exhaust system and realigned exhaust mechanism, a sporty and light revving New Subaru Boxer Sound is created by the engine. An electronically controlled throttle optimizes torque delivery in response to the level of
acceleration. The computerized control system opens the throttle according to the extent of accelerator depression.[/b]
[Turbo-charged engine]
The single-turbine turbo system employs a new twin scroll titanium turbo charger. Improved turbine rotation achieves efficient gas intake levels through the use of two independent exhaust gas housings in combination with the new "equal length/ constant pulsation independent exhaust system." Through the use of lightweight titanium alloy in the turbine, the newly designed turbo charger excels in response to acceleration and delivery of high torque at any rotation speed.[/b]
All AT-equipped vehicles are equipped with Sportshift gear selection and an Info-ECO mode to facilitate fuel-efficient gear shifting patterns. All MT-equipped, turbo-engine models are equipped with an Info-ECO mode. All AT cars are fitted with an electronically controlled device that adjusts the hydraulic pressure of the AT clutch and brake independently, providing seamless, responsive gear shifting and an enjoyable ride without vibration.
[4-speed AT]
The 4-speed AT comes with N Control, which automatically shifts from the D position of AT to neutral when the car has been stopped for some time with its brake pedal depressed. This mechanism and low friction in the transmission further reduce fuel consumption and vibrations.
[5-speed MT]
A dual-mass flywheel in the 5-speed manual transmission vehicles provides better driving comfort. The 2.0 GT and 2.0 GT spec. B versions come with double-cone synchromesh in the first gear mechanism for better maneuverability.[/b]
Outstanding braking performance and control have been achieved through the use of a smaller diameter master cylinder and a tie-rod type brake booster, which help strengthen booster shells by connecting them with rods that reduce deformation in the shells during braking. The 2.0 GT and 2.0 GT spec. B models are equipped with 17-inch front brake disks that provide high braking performance.[/b]
A big tilt/slide power sunroof is available on the Station Wagon. The roof glass opening has been expanded to create an open, spacious cabin. Sunroof frames and other parts have been redesigned to reduce the weight on the higher gravity point of the car. (A sunroof is available on the Station Wagon, except on the 2.0 GT Customized or 2.0i Casual editions.) A tilt/slide power sunroof is also available on the Sedan.[/b]

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Official Pics of the New Subaru Legacy

.28? .3? Wow!

All impressive in print, but how does it really drive?

1 - 20 of 149 Posts