Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
1) I'm not sure of the gains, I was unable to find a dyno graph.

2) If you use your stock exhaust system, it will mate perfectly to your stock main cat and stock inlet outlet sizes, so if your aftermarket exhaust is the same size pipes it should work without problems.

3) I'm not sure if the cat in the manifold is deleted in the i4 models, I'll have to check up on that.

·
Registered
122 Posts
^ive been searching everywhere. various 3 forums, focus forums, etc. its not like i havent tried lol. id most likely match it up with the magnaflow catback exhaust they make. but i need to know the outlet size to make sure it matches up. dont want to order everything and it doesnt fit. i know our exhaust is pretty much straight back but im just curious.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I currently have the Magnaflow system, and I know there have been some forum members here with the same exhaust as well as these headers. Everything fit, so you should be good. I'll see if I can get you those sizes though.

·
Registered
207 Posts
What would be the gains with a magnaflow exhaust? Would there be any? What if I got an eBay air intake with a k&n air filter? Then what are gains? Very interested in this buy, just want some info first.. 2005 Mazda 6i

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
614 Posts
With an aftermarket exhaust, I'd say 1-2whp more. Exhaust's don't really add more power, but in this case it should help with better bends and whatnot. The intake will provide gains that are separate from the headers.

As for estimated gains, I'd say your CAI will give you ~5hp or so and these headers will net approx. ~8whp 7torque

·
Registered
207 Posts
With an aftermarket exhaust, I'd say 1-2whp more. Exhaust's don't really add more power, but in this case it should help with better bends and whatnot. The intake will provide gains that are separate from the headers.

As for estimated gains, I'd say your CAI will give you ~5hp or so and these headers will net approx. ~8whp 7torque
I should have clarified.. I meant what would be the gains of exhaust combined with headers because of the airflow.. But let me make sure.. With my exhaust, and headers im looking at about a 9-10whp increase? With exhaust CAI and headers looking at 14-15whp all together?

·
Registered
614 Posts
I should have clarified.. I meant what would be the gains of exhaust combined with headers because of the airflow.. But let me make sure.. With my exhaust, and headers im looking at about a 9-10whp increase? With exhaust CAI and headers looking at 14-15whp all together?

I meant a 1-2whp WITH headers. By itself, exhaust adds like .5hp. Maybe. But yea, that sounds about right. Make sure you get a good airfilter, I'd recommend AEM

·
Registered
207 Posts
No, the intake's gains are separate from the headers; they won't boost header performance at all.

Then I'm confused because here you said 8whp with headers but you also said with exhaust it's 1-2..clsrify please? Haha

·
Registered
614 Posts
Then I'm confused because here you said 8whp with headers but you also said with exhaust it's 1-2..clsrify please? Haha

Headers by themselves = ~8whp ~7 torque

Aftermarket exhaust + headers = 8~9whp 7~8torque

Cold air intake + peformance air filter = 4~5whp
@Isnt it's all together

·
Registered
303 Posts
Intake: 7 hp
Exhaust+ headers like 8-9hp
Optimized tb: 15 hp
So for $1000 you can get like 30 hp

So was all agree that on the v6 at lest that these this is a good way to get rid of per cats and if you build your engine you already have good headers oh and make it sound better

41 - 60 of 130 Posts