Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, because its the first thing on everyones mind... pictures...

Next....

The car handles very well, the body roll has been minimized a LOT and the car feels very balanced...

As far was understeer/oversteer... it seems the same as before.... try to go into a corner too fast and the car plows, but with a little throttle lift (perhaps even a slight tap of the brakes) and a hard corner the rear still finds its way around...

Comfort is about the same as before, perhaps a little better on flat surfaces, but a little more harsh over severe bumps, but nothing that makes me or the passenger uncomfortable....

Install was very easy, I suggest that everyone do it themselves... only thing I used a shop for was to swap out the front springs from the assembly... cost me $20...

Overall, VERY pleased, car looks and drives great, I would pay even more if I had to do it again....

For those of you whom have these on the way..... ENJOY.... they are fantastic...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Install was very easy, I suggest that everyone do it themselves... only thing I used a shop for was to swap out the front springs from the assembly... cost me $20...

[/b]

Got details or a how-to?

I haven't taken a close look at how this suspension comes apart but will do the swap myself. I've swapped many other suspensions but figured I'd ask for public knowledge.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
looks good but i think i'd like about a 1/2 inch lower...glad to hear the car handles well.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you saw the car in person and realized how low the bumper is you wouldn't want it any lower... I take it you don't drink Heinekens?

·
Registered
156 Posts
So the total drop is just over an inch? Sorry, trying to remember how long the neck on a Heineken is.
Where did you order these and what was the total price?

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I think a taller tire might do the trick there....
Maybe some 235/40-19's
:)
That would give you your 1/2" lift back and look 1/2" lower.
Lord knows we could use the extra gearing in 6th (damn japanese close ratio gears)
Mike

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually, the Japanese MS6 has a longer 6th.... MazdaUSA asked for a close 5th and 6th so downshifting on the highway was not neccessary....

So the total drop is just over an inch? Sorry, trying to remember how long the neck on a Heineken is.
Where did you order these and what was the total price?
Thanks,
Jason
[/b]
There was a GB on them...

And a Heineken has a VERY short neck... smallest of the popular beers I do believe...

·
Registered
358 Posts
Why do these springs cost $200 to $300 over other springs???

·
Registered
477 Posts
How much do these actually lower the car? It looks minimal (which I prefer for this car).

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[/b]
They are imported from Japan....

How much do these actually lower the car? It looks minimal (which I prefer for this car).
[/b]
They say 30MM which is about an inch and a quarter.... but I'd say its an inch and a half...

·
Registered
851 Posts
[/b]

plus they were MADE for the speed6 not some carry overs from the V6 cars.
THey are not progressive wound and retain the ride and increase handeling

well worth the extra cash
remember you get what you pay.

also it is possible to take a straight side shot?
also how much adjustment was made when they did an alightnment?

·
Registered
851 Posts
No alignment yet :)
[/b]

does it feel like you need one? just by looking it doesn't look like to big of a adjustment

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Probably not, but there is a local guy around who is VERY VERY good and its only $60... so I'll get one soon...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Wiggum do you have some sort of weird lense on your camera, it almost looks like all the pictures are slightly fish-eye if that explains anything.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No... it wasn't my camera, it was my mother in laws FujiFilm E510...

No idea on the fisheye, it was on automatic...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Now that the GB is over, how can one get their hands on a set of these springs? Sounds like the hot setup for me.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts