Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 338 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as how we now have enough people looking to make a monthly meet happen, here we go!

Details:
Long Island Mazda 6 Owners will be meeting the LAST Thursday of every month, starting May 31st. These will be basic meetings for everyone to get together and just have a good time with good people and get to know each other. Cars, beer, food, and sports.....you can't go wrong!!

Where and When: Starting in August, we are going to try to get people together the last Saturday of next month (8/25/07) @ 7:00PM at Dave and Busters in Farmingdale. So please post up if you will be there and how many people you will be bringing (the more the merrier).

Directions:
Here is the address:
Farmingdale
261 Airport Plaza Blvd.
Farmingdale, NY 11735
(631)249-0708

Directions from the West:**
Take the LIE EAST to Exit 49S (Rt. 110) towards Amityville. Stay on Rt. 110 until Airport Plaza Blvd. There will be a movie theater on the corner. D&B is set further back in the shopping center.

Directions from the East:**
Take the LIE WEST to Exit 49S (Rt. 110) towards Amityville. Stay on Rt. 110 until Airport Plaza Blvd. There will be a movie theater on the corner. D&B is set further back in the shopping center.

When you get there look for an empty row to park all the cars. I am usually there before 7pm to make sure we have some spots. Parking together always looks good, so if at all possible lets try for it.

Well there it is...I hope for a good showing from people. The longer we do this, the more people will find us and make this monthly meet a great time! Hope to see you all there!! :drive:

ßill

·
Registered
849 Posts
I'll go. There is also a Dave and Busters that we have gone to in the past in Farmingdale. I've organized a few LI meets myself.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm in, can't wait!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ok.. Count Jim and I in (dude, Nick don't you need to work the next day?)

PS: No games that day, I checked :)
Those don't start till after my Cowboys play on Thxgivin

I'll join you guys for drinks but make my a 'rita on the rocks :)

·
Registered
849 Posts
Ok.. Count Jim and I in (dude, Nick don't you need to work the next day?)

PS: No games that day, I checked :)
Those don't start till after my Cowboys play on Thxgivin

I'll join you guys for drinks but make my a 'rita on the rocks :)
[/b]

Awwww crap! I just realized it's Thursday not Friday nights!!!!!

Count me out. :swearin:

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
FYI:

Every Thursday night in the Oakdale Common Shopping center on Main Street has a car show. Muscle's, classic's the occasianal exotic( I saw a delorean there once) Drag cars. Its pretty cool, there is some SICK shit that shows up. Just down the street from the Oakdale train station.

·
Registered
810 Posts
there's a dave n busters on 454 too, other side of the LIE.

i work close by so i might drop in if i don't carpool that day..

and it's good that it's the last thursday of the month because i'm usually busy on thursday nights except for the last week of the month :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
there's a dave n busters on 454 too, other side of the LIE.
[/b]

There are three that I know of in Long Island
- 110 Farmingdale
- Islip (454 - Vets Hwy)
- Source Mall off Old Country Road

Otherwise there's a big one in Rockland County in the Palisades Mall
(yeah Im a vid geek and Gold D&B card holder)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Sorry, fridaynights won't work... Grim there tends on friday nights... unless we all show up at his bar and stay till he's off, but I doubt he'd be for that seeing as he'd prob like to hang with all of us and not work.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can we make this Friday nights?

P.S. I'm a D&Bs Gold Card holder as well... :nana:
[/b]
Is this not what the previous thread was about? Everyone seemed game for Thursday nights, the few that responded anyway. And yes I bartend Friday and Saturday nights, plus I figured that people may have other plans for the weekend nights. Honestly, I'll be at CB's on the 28th. Everyone is more then welcome to join us, but if there is no interest then someone else can try to get a monthly thing going. Every other meet that everyone has spoken about seems to be a random meet to just goof around. Those are great, but I was trying to get a monthly thing were we can all get together and actually talk and discuss the cars, future shows, meets, modding, etc... I've been doing this with my current car club and it has been working great for many years. If the interest in this is gone, plz let me know.

ßill

·
Registered
849 Posts
It's not a matter of the interest being gone. It's a matter of some of us have to get up early for work on Friday morning and have to drive back to Queens Thursday night.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If needed we can change where the meet is to make it more centrally located. If we go some place like D&B's its not really going to be a meet, more of a game night. We can pull those off too. As a dinner it a nice easy night of just BS'ing with each other and having a good time. But working for CB's I can pull some strings for us. But I understand about having to get up Friday for work. I am a second grade teacher and cannot be drained from a night of drinking. It is only a dinner and I cannot see it running more then a couple hours. So if you guys can make it great! If the turn out is not there then we can try something else.

ßill

·
Registered
744 Posts
i usually get home at 7 soo ill be alittle late. ill be there as long as i dont get stuck at work.

·
Registered
810 Posts
nick, i'll be driving back to queens too (getting off 32 on LIE). so i'm going to jet early.. maybe 9 the latest.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
FYI, October 1st( I think) there will be a Car show over at Robert Moses beach parking field 4.

·
Registered
15 Posts
wow Bill and we though NEPO was bad lol. I'll be there most likely with the probe, I'll see if my bro wants to swing by for a bit. Just keep the date who ever can make it, make it. its going to be a monthly meet, so who ever missed it there's always next month, even if someone comes late thats no biggy. absence makes the hart grow fonder or is that fart go Honda?? :headscrat:

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just bringing this back to the top of the forum...meet is still on for those that want to join us. I was talking to a few friends with 3's that will probably come down too. So if anyone knows of some 3's that would like to join us they are more then welcome to come.

ßill

1 - 20 of 338 Posts