Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the pics from today's Vancouver area fall tour. Hope you enjoy the pics. Thanks to everyone who came out.

Lets do this again sometime :)

(next time with 20 cars, instead of just 10)

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Wow that looks like a great drive. I wish I could have been there for that one.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, hillmar, I believe, came up with the idea of an impromptu pre-pre-meet brekkie at IHOP Metrotown at 8am.

IHOP attendees were hillmar, OceanKitty (from bcmazda3.com), Ichi, Awong124, zoomzoomfan and family.

IHOP does great steak and eggs, btw.

The pre-meet location was set for 2nd Narrows Superstore in North Vancouver at 10am.

We had the pleasure of meeting hansolocujo, and his speed6:

Art showed up bearing gifts from the president himself... the president of Wolfe Mazda that is:

Thanks Art for that wonderful CD. I'll cherish it forever. :)

We finally hit the road around 10.30am.

Headed straight up Hwy 99... the "Sea-to-Sky" Highway, or as I've found out today, the "Drive-to-Die Highway".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Colum...cial_highway_99

Kids happily drawing pictures in the backseat with their crayons:

Rest stop right outside Squamish around 11.30am:

We continued on our merry way... started raining a bit though:

Whister... our destination:

Lining ourselves up in the main parking lot in Whistler:

Some pics of Whistler town:

The gang waiting to be seated at the Old Spaghetti Factory:

·
Registered
542 Posts
WoW picture galore!!
Good meet guys and gals!!!

Is there any doubt that we live in one of the most beutiful places in the world!

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Waiting for food...

The ski lifts:

Some pics from the drive back to Vancouver:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some neat panoramic pics I took:

Squamish rest stop:

Whistler:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
WOW a BAJILLION Pictures!! Nice!

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very pretty...

Is it me or my screwed up video card or do some of the pix have a pink hue in the sky?
[/b]
Its my camera, not your video card, that's on the fritz. Time for a new camera.

·
Registered
33 Posts
So many pics! I think I have a couple if I can ever figure out how to get them on here...

By the way, my car butt is the cutest! haha Check out Awond124's rear car pics. :p
OceanKitty

·
Registered
10 Posts
Appologies on behalf of the BCMazda3ers! I talked to Art about this before and was set on coming, but a bunch of us had already made plans to do some installs that day. Again Sorry! We'll be there next time.

·
Registered
420 Posts
We'll forgive you derrik, as long as you come out to our next meet. :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
wow great pix!
a lotta people have these clear side markers eh?
anywhere to get them? don't really wanna use the internet to do any transactions though...:(
and the sharkfins too anywhere in the lower mainland?
and the people with red calipers where do you guys get those? or just painted yourselves?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Thanks to everyone who showed up. It was fun actually being able to sit down and chat with some members over lunch.

As for the clear side markers, they are only available on Ebay now. PM Art about the shark fin antenna. As for the red calipers, we just painted them. I also painted my engine cover red as well.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Looks like it was a huge success!

Now, let's set the date for the next meet :)

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wow great pix!
a lotta people have these clear side markers eh?
anywhere to get them? don't really wanna use the internet to do any transactions though...:(
and the sharkfins too anywhere in the lower mainland?
and the people with red calipers where do you guys get those? or just painted yourselves?
[/b]
zmzm6. I've read some of your posts, and I understand your concern... however, for the Mazda6 there unfortunately is very little to be found or bought locally, or in Canada for that matter.

If you're looking to buy locally, then you will only find items at a Mazda dealer. Sorry to say, however, that dealers do not carry many of the items you've shown interest in and needless to say that the price-tag will be considerably higher.

The sharkfins are a bit of an exception, since they're actually manufactured here in BC, in Richmond to be exact. The company's name is Visual Garage. I'm not sure if you can contact VG directly regarding buying them. However, as wing_woo said, you apparently can buy them from Wolfe Mazda.

Your best bet for accessories/parts for your Mazda6 is eBay, forum sponsors like RPM, or the Buy & Sell section. Also, be sure to check the Group Buy section from time to time for amazing deals to be had via group buys.

Regarding the calipers, I answered your post in the other thread. :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Very nice! Thanks for sharing the awesome pics. I had house-hunting weekend in the Fraser Valley -- opposite end of meet destination. Can't wait for the next meet and hopefully this time I won't be busy or out of town again!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts