Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 471 Posts

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Discuss the dyno results, thoughts on the product, etc.

No pricing or vendor discussion....

From the other thread...

Dyno1
Dyno2

"Both runs were performed under the exact same conditions;

The ICs were cooled off with a fan for 10mins at the beginning of each session (not each individual run)
The pulls for each session were done back to back.
The fans were blowing from the start of the session to the end of the session.
Both runs were done in 4th Gear."

3" vs. 3.5".... what do you think guys???

·
Registered
875 Posts
Do I understand those dynos correct?

3.5 inch is a 20 whp gain, yet with a max at 229 whp.
3.0 inch is a 11 whp gain, yet with a max at 230 whp.

?

·
Registered
776 Posts
They look like good solid gains! What were the modifications again? CAI and their improved intercooler correct.

It kind of looks like in the upper RPM's it fell off a little more than the stock inercooler.

·
Registered
167 Posts
It's looking pretty good. If an improved TMIC can do that, I'll be curious to see what a FMIC can do. Wonder if the differences will be worth a FMIC over an improved TMIC.

Question: Is this Stock/Stock vs. CAI/TMIC or CAI/Stock vs. CAI/TMIC?

And that A/F makes me cry... its like pouring gasoline out the exhaust..

·
Registered
244 Posts
They look like good solid gains! What were the modifications again? CAI and their improved intercooler correct.

It kind of looks like in the upper RPM's it fell off a little more than the stock inercooler.
[/b]
I think thats because the dyno operator stop WOT the car at 6.5k rpm with intercooler.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
It's looking pretty good. If an improved TMIC can do that, I'll be curious to see what a FMIC can do. Wonder if the differences will be worth a FMIC over an improved TMIC.

Question: Is this Stock/Stock vs. CAI/TMIC or CAI/Stock vs. CAI/TMIC?

And that A/F makes me cry... its like pouring gasoline out the exhaust..
[/b]
completely stock vs. upgraded tmic. no cai or any mods.

·
Registered
776 Posts
ryceboi if that is the case then they are EXCELLENT gains. Especially if it only takes 20-25 minutes to swap it out. Only thing better than that is Naaaawwwwssss!

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Pretty damn good for a TMIC.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Pretty good gains. Can't wait for mines to be installed.

·
Registered
272 Posts
The A/F ratios look much better also. The computer is recognizing the increased air flow, so it can keep the ratio around 11 longer?

·
Registered
209 Posts
The A/F ratios look much better also. The computer is recognizing the increased air flow, so it can keep the ratio around 11 longer?
[/b]
It seems that way. But the ratio displayed on the dyno graph is not 100% accurate as the probe was stuck in the tailpipe after the cats. In reality the a/f ratio is lower than what's displayed. But there is a change in it none the less which is a good thing for power and for increased MPG.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Our AFR makes baby jesus cry
[/b]
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: that's funny.

aside from the gain over stock, the resistance to heatsoak is impressive. the second ETS run shows no loss in power where the stock TMIC lost 10 peak HP due to heatsoak.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
getting ready for the TMIC install tonight so i went out and logged some data with the stock IC. i ran boost temps, boost and af ratio. then i logged the boost temps during cooldown driving on city streets.

about my car (engine wise):
-reflashed
-AEM cai
-CP-E catback
-RRE catchcan & cc breather
-GReddy Type-S BOV
-throttle body coolant bypass
-CP-E wishbone rear engine mount

octane: CA 91
ambient temp: 68F
intake air temp: 68F
coolant temp: 200F
barometric pressure: 14.65psi
boost:
2500rpm- 2.32psi
2900rpm- 9.27
3300rpm- 16.24
4000rpm- 16.52
4700rpm- 16.09
5350rpm- 15.08
5860rpm- 10.15
6000rpm- 5.51
af ratio:
2500rpm- 14.5
3000rpm- 13.14
3300rpm- 12.45
3600rpm- 10.61
4000rpm- 10.26
4300rpm- 10.26
5100rpm- 10.03
5400rpm- 9.8
boost temp (under boost):
initial- 100F
3000rpm- 96.1F
4000rpm- 92.6F
5000rpm- 90.5F
6000rpm- 89.4F

note: the boost temp was ~100F (outside of boost runs) whenever the car was moving before the runs and after the runs and during highway cruising speeds. once i stopped tho, the temp shot way up to 120F in about 30 seconds.

btw, i never went past 70mph and this was done on the highway with light traffic. this is all perfectly legal. :p

logged with AutoEnginuity 4.3.1 w/ Mazda Enhanced Interface

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
just a few pics for y'all.

i'll try to get the datalogger on this weekend and give you some more values. as for the rubbing issues previously discussed, they pretty much don't exist with an engine mount.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
yeah, we need to have another 6 meet. it's been a while.

the IC is definitely a beast. it's at least twice as heavy as the stock. so far, im liking it. drove it hard for about 10 miles up and down hills and highways. throttle response has improved. i barely have to tap the gas on the freeway to get the car to accelerate. boost peaks the same. and after all that hard driving, i pop the hood and touch an ice cold IC. more info to come.

i just realized that with the cp-e catback and the IC, my front/rear weight ratio is getting higher and higher. :\

1 - 20 of 471 Posts