Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had a nice little thing that I wrote originally, then windows decided to reboot itself... so fawk it. (thanks microsoft!)

Anyway, I didn't get a lot of photos but 1low6, zzzzoom6, stscs, christophe, and others did... i think. We had a great turnout (best ever around here), I think 9 or 10 6's total. No one won any trophies or medals, but we did have some raffle winners (zzzzoom6 won 1/2 hour of labor certificate and ckings007 won $100 gift certificate)

Here are the pics I took (8 of us met after the event itself at a location across the street). If the names under the cars are wrong, please let me know.

*not pictured, but he was at the Corksport event: Action Jack

(I hate my wheels and will be replacing them, i swear! :D)
Stay tuned for more pictures... Come on guys!!! Post em up!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I'm still pissed at those Mazda3 teenage fucks winning trophies with their daddy's money.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm still pissed at those Mazda3 teenage fucks winning trophies with their daddy's money.
[/b]
yeh, but I'm not surprised... it's all about asthetics, and when you have an "unlimited" money source, you can put all kinds of lights and stuff on your ride.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Pretty good showing for the 6's! Good to meet some more of the members too. Next year, I'll need some support in the slalom. I only stalled my car once and honked my horn in the middle of it lol. I think maybe I beat the Mazda 5, but got smoked by everyone else :tear: Lots of fun though...had members from Idaho, northern Washington, and of course around PDX. Didn't take too many pics...these are all that I got.

·
Registered
394 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
that cherry micah speed6 kind of embarrassed us... lol. BUT at least he tried! :p

Great shots guys!
[/b]
yeah I know...and did you see that champagne one with the HUGE wheel gap?!?! wtf?!?! :nana:

·
Registered
172 Posts
[/b]
I know exactly what you are talking about. That is exactly why I had left the last car club I was in. It was starting to become a all money club. Where all the men(if you called them that)just signed checks for other guys too make them a winning show car at the local shows. To the point that guys like myself(that dont have a huge pocket book)dont feel like I have a chance.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah I know...and did you see that champagne one with the HUGE wheel gap?!?! wtf?!?! :nana:
[/b]
no i didnt see it! I didnt even know that mazda made a champagne colored 6 :p

YES I need to install the damned springs, lol. ya darned honker.

I know exactly what you are talking about. That is exactly why I had left the last car club I was in. It was starting to become a all money club. Where all the men(if you called them that)just signed checks for other guys too make them a winning show car at the local shows. To the point that guys like myself(that dont have a huge pocket book)dont feel like I have a chance.
[/b]
Thats the sad part... the kids with the 3's have openly admitted that they got their cars for getting good grades, etc. They are still in high school, so you can't tell me that they worked hard to get the parts they have for their cars or even installed the parts themselves. I don't really blame them too much tho, if I had the money I'd be doing the same thing (only difference is that I would have to WORK for my money) Welcome to the tuner/modified world. It's being overrun by kids born with a <strike>silver</strike> platinum spoon in their mouth

·
Registered
143 Posts
lovin the pictures, i really like the two blacks 6's

·
Registered
211 Posts
no i didnt see it! I didnt even know that mazda made a champagne colored 6 :p

YES I need to install the damned springs, lol. ya darned honker.
Thats the sad part... the kids with the 3's have openly admitted that they got their cars for getting good grades, etc. They are still in high school, so you can't tell me that they worked hard to get the parts they have for their cars or even installed the parts themselves. I don't really blame them too much tho, if I had the money I'd be doing the same thing (only difference is that I would have to WORK for my money) Welcome to the tuner/modified world. It's being overrun by kids born with a <strike>silver</strike> platinum spoon in their mouth
[/b]
Im particularly sore about this situation. I stayed inside through the first event and part of the second event cleaning my car for the best of show in STOCK CLASS. now, im deffinatly NOT trying to say that other people didnt put the same amount of effort into prepping their cars or reflect in any way who deserved or didnt deserve to win with the exception of the two mazda 3s at the end of our row... I lost to one of those 3s. where the heck is the definition of stock?!?! ~ pissed

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Im particularly sore about this situation. I stayed inside through the first event and part of the second event cleaning my car for the best of show in STOCK CLASS. now, im deffinatly NOT trying to say that other people didnt put the same amount of effort into prepping their cars or reflect in any way who deserved or didnt deserve to win with the exception of the two mazda 3s at the end of our row... I lost to one of those 3s. where the heck is the definition of stock?!?! ~ pissed [/b]
Stock = No modifications to the engine.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
STSCS's black six is looking sharp!
[/b]
Thanks jage....I try.

And the "dedication to the mazda6club" trophy goes to......Christophe! For driving 5-6 hours from Idaho to attend the event for a few hours. My hat is off to you. Not many people would have made that drive. It was very nice meeting you and your family.

It was nice meeting all the new members. I really don't like you speed owners....honestly...I don't! Now I have to go get another job to pay for the damn MS6 bug that has bitten me!

Justin...once again...your camera kicks ass. Nice shots! I really like the action shots of Mike in the slalom. Maybe we'll have more of those action shots (of 6's) next year!

Ethan....you've got to put this event on next year's calendar. It was well worth the trip. The scheduling is the first weekend in September (I actually learned something while I was there).

I can't hate on the Mazda3 guys too much. I don't know much about the guy who beat us all in Class 7. But the other Mazda3 in Class 8 (Jeff), he also has some sponsorship. Once that ball is rolling, then the sky is the limit. One note (on his behalf), he does a lot of the labor himself (the halos, some of the engine glamour, etc). We all can see what a budget will get you in terms of mods.

Jeramy...thanks again for saving all of us from my poor sense of direction! I think this trip has sold me on purchasing some sort of navi system (we've been looking at one for some time now).

Til next year.....

·
Registered
172 Posts
That is exdactly why I love when a show is actually being judged. NOT BY EVERYONE THERE. I did think how ever that the cars that one in cat 7 and 8 were very nice and diserved to win just bast on thier cars.. I have lost to cars that had asome engine paint done too it.. I could SEE the paint brush marks... I was pissed about that the guy had gontten 2nd place.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Personally I think that the classes are too general... there are craploads of contestants in our class. Oh well tho, Corksport still did a great job

·
Registered
172 Posts
Personally I think that the classes are too general... there are craploads of contestants in our class. Oh well tho, Corksport still did a great job
[/b]
I think the whole modified to just too general.. ther needs to be better rules on what is considered modified. TO me its anything that was not or is not a factory manufactured part on the car. Im gonna give corksport that suggestion too help[ everyone out for next year... maybe what they consider modified then ... everyone will understand when someone wins who others think are in the wrong class.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts