Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Carmax yesterday to see what my car was worth:

Not good news for people who want to trade in their MZ6.

I have a 05 i HB, with no options (everything I wanted was standard). If you don't know, the HB's come std with the sport package, power seat, 8 airbags. Charcoal gray with 5 speed manual, 11.7K miles. Perfect condition.

KBB Trade-in, in excellent condition is $16,100 FYI

Carmax offer was $13,500. :(

So much for trying to trade up into something newer or nicer. I just can't see losing $4500 on a car in 1 yr. (Got it for invoice minus $3000 in rebates last July, so that's ~18k). Looks like I'll just keep my MZ6. I WAS thinking of going old-school and buying a CRX actually!

Anyone else have any feedback on their trades, possible trades?

·
Registered
270 Posts
one of the ways carmax sells their cars for so cheap is by buying cheap. my friend just bought a nearly new hyundai from them for 3.5 grand under kbb retail.
you can probably get a lot more if you just sell it privately.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
problem with selling it privately is that Mazda is not a hot car.....
it would be pretty doubtful if you get it sold.

If you had an integra that would be different.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I've never recieved a good buy figure from Carmax! I even had a model vehicle that i was trying to get rid of quickly that was in high demand and they had none on their lot. They still hit me low.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I was looking to sell my 01' BMW 330ci to carmax as everyone kept telling me just how great they were. I go there and they offered me 19,800 which is 6 grand under NADA which is what 99% of dealerships and banks use for value of a car now.
I walked with the guy on the lot acting like I'd think about it and saw an 01' 325 on the lot with manual tranny, no sunroof or premium audio as my bmw had and they wanted 26,500. I looked at the car salesman and told him to shove his offer up his ass, went to BMW and got 25k for my car.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
My friend had a 2000 Toyota Echo with 110k and a CEL on. Also somehow blemished on every body panel but the trunk lid and one door (it was a 4 door). He took it to the Scion dealer, they offered 500-1000. Carmax offered 2000 for the car, and he took it.

They've always lowballed me on offers as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts