Mazda 6 Forums banner

Do you think dating a co-worker is acceptable?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Oh man... I refuse to answer the poll... haha. It seriously depends on the circumstances and the individuals involved. In most cases, NO, DONT DO IT!!! But there are the exceptions to the rules. I met my last girlfriend at my place of employment. It made things akward when we were fighting. Plus we had to keep it from our co-workers because it was kinda against policy (not written). Needless to say, for those that were around here when it happened, I talked about it, and I went through a horrible break-up and I got screwed in more ways than one. I am staying away from it if I can, but sometimes its just hard to stay away from. Nature takes over and your hormones say GO FOR IT! eh, i dunno what else to say. lol

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I think it is, as long as you control yourself and emotions at work. If your pissed at the other one, that could be for some bad days at work depending on the job and what positions you both are in.

I admit I dated a co-worker... Then I married her :D :love:

(ofcourse before that, she was transfered to a diffrent store but it made things even better)

·
Registered
710 Posts
Bad-see each other too much, get sick of each other that way, taking the cow home with the milk, office gossip

Good-carpool lane, save on gas and mileage on car. Thats about it.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Not really for relationships but id slam a co worker

·
Registered
805 Posts
I'm all for looking for love but good god, 8 hrs together and come home to the same flipping person is too much!
[/b]
That probably one of the best points against dating a co-worker. If you spend all of your time with them, you are going to grow tired of them quickly... . Home, work, car rides, bed.... you are going to want some personal time.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
If there is any sort of power in the workplace relationship, absolutely NO dating or casual relationship.

If you are both in the same department, be cautious. Too much togetherness is problematic at best, and can really create issues.

If you happen to be in the same workplace but different departments, I have no problem with this. It's not like you'll have all that much togetherness. We have two married couples at work, and have seen several more dating relationships, and as long as the departments have been different, it's all good.

However, NEVER keep it secret. That creates more stress and potential issues later on.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I ended up not only dating a co-worker but marrying one too. Now, as Sam Kinison would say, Ah-AAAHH! I'm in Hell! I AM IN HELL!! Seriously, you have to watch yourselves so much especially if it is against company policy. Of course there's also the attraction of the fobidden fruit if it is against company policy, kind of like the Mile High Club I guess. Put it simply, "don't shit where you eat" is a good policy.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
That is a frightening amount of togetherness to try dating, in my opinion.

·
Registered
805 Posts
and just for the record.

-this is all hypothetical-

just curious. ;)
[/b]
Sounds like someone has a crush on a co-worker. If you work at a small office, I'd say don't do it. Things will probably be great at first, but eventually it can be straining. If you really want to date that person and you think it will work, go find another job... lol

·
Registered
203 Posts
Different companies, same building, different floors. I thought it worked out great. I always had a lunch buddy, the view from the top was unbelieveable. (me=4th fl, him=9th fl). Free soda, envy of all my co-workers cuz I was dating a great guy, not to mention a hottie! Didn't see a problem, however, I guess moving in too quickly didn't help the relationship in the end. Space and time.

·
Registered
56 Posts
How can a company have a policy against 2 people seeing each other!? I think that is absurd. It's personal business. As long as I get all my work done, why should they care?

To the question at hand, I will have to go with the majority on this one. As long as you are not in the next cubicle over or in the same department, I think it's fine. I can't have you nagging me 24/7, can I? :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
About this Discussion
32 Replies
18 Participants
randyz
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing