Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI guys,

i have a 21016 mazda 6 touring with no heated seats (yes, i was dumb while purchasing the car as this was my first car and i didn't do proper research on the local climate). I live Kansas, where winter is really harsh and i regret not having selected the heated seats option. So, i was wondering if there is any way to install any off the market heated seats on my mazda or is it not worth it and destroys the leather ?

Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
I did it in my 2016 touring. Kits are available on amazon for like $60 and you need some hog ring pliers and hog rings. It’s a good idea to watch some videos about how to do car upholstery. And also you need to have some basic understanding of how to power them. Took me about 6 hours to pull both seats, run the wiring, pull the upholstery, lay down the heat mats, reinstall upholstery, reinstall the seats, and hook everything up.

One issue on my install — on the passenger seat there is an occupancy sensor. After having added the seat heater on that side, the car thinks someone is sitting there all the time and the “you aren’t wearing your seatbelt chime” will beep 31 times -OR- until the passenger seatbelt is clicked. LOL I now just drive around with the seatbelt clicked all the time. The shop manual says that the sensor can be recalibrated at the dealer, but I haven’t bothered with that yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts