Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a recent trip walking a trail on a rainy day and then hopping into my car tracking leaves and mud inside, I've started looking around for good All Weather Mats for my new 3rd Gen 6. I rooted through a Target, Wal-Mart, and random Auto Stores around the area and found out that no mass produced cheap mat will fit on the driver’s side floor. Then I started looking around online and only found mats that were over $100 (including the OEM mats), so this got me to thinking. If I’m going to spend over $100 on floor mats, I want to make sure they will last and look good. This leads me to a few questions I hope y’all can help me with.

If you currently have All Weather Floor Mats in your 6:
- What brand did you end up buying? If you bought the OEM mats, how are they?
- What do you think of them?
- ***Can you post a picture of how they look on the driver’s side, passenger’s side, and on the back seat floor?***
- How much did you pay?
- What is a good website to purchase said Mats from? (This includes OEM mats. MY Dealer wants $135 for them, I wonder if I can get them cheaper.)

If you don’t have the Mats, then what brands could you recommend based on past experience? The WeatherTech mats look great but are super expensive. How are alternatives like Husky? (Links are to product pages for the mats). I'd really love to get pictures of the various mats just to see how they look. That thread devoted to the WeatherTech Mats had a good set of pictures of the front, but I haven't seen a picture of how the back mats look.

There is a local dealer here for both WeatherTech and Husky and I'm tempted to talk with them to see if they can order both so I could check them out, but I don't want to strand them with stock I'm sure they won't be able to move for a year. I was hoping you guys might have some good suggestions and pictures. :)

If all of my options end up being super expensive them I'm probably going to lean towards purchasing the floor mats for the front seats, and then just buying cheap rectangles for the back from a Wal-Mart or Target. I don't have kids (yet), so I don't have to worry about spills in the backseat (thank god).

·
Super Moderator
18,305 Posts
Whoa questions.

WeatherTech haven't come out with back row yet. Husky doesn't make any yet as far as I know. The OEM ones are nice but just cloth. The dealership All Weather mats are very nice but cost just as much as the WeatherTech and don't last as long.

You won't find the mats any cheaper anywhere since the car is so new. Try eBay in case someone is selling them after buying new ones.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a shame about the prices, but expected.

Oh, and from checking their websites, it looks like WeatherTech and Husky both have the back row avilable. Are those pieces just mass produced leftovers from the previous 6 model or something?

Also, sorry for all the questions.

·
Super Moderator
18,305 Posts
No the pieces aren't from mass-produced old ones. The 3rd generation is much different than the 2nd, and they didn't make the WeatherTech for the 1st generation.

I honestly don't know what the back row of the 2nd gens looks like, but I know the front seats are redesigned in the 3rd gen. Honestly, the pictures of the weathertech don't look right to me. I know they're just generic pictures but there's definitely a "hump" in the middle and those liners wouldn't fit over that unless they have a different more flexible material in the middle now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I have the OEM all-weather mats, which the dealer threw in for free when I purchased the car. They fit very nicely and look great.
I also got the OEM all-weather mats; full set of 4; great fit and finish.
I picked up the OEM from mazdaparts.org. 108 with free shipping. They fit great and seem pretty durable. However, they have a grayish tint to them and don't look as nice as the jet black OEM cloth mats.
Can any of you guys post some quick pictures of how they look driver's side? It doesn't have to be anything professional grade, just a crappy cell phone pic will do. EDIT: Also, can you post a picture of the Back Mats? I can't find one anywhere online.

And Hank, thanks for the website recommendation. All I could find were places selling for $100, but shipping would be $50-$60!

Wondering if any one has looked into Cocomats? More expensive but give very refined look and also very functional.
Nah, never even heard of them. Let's check these out ... what the heck? They're made from rubber and.... coconuts? How strange. Are they a good All-Weather solution? I can't help but think the fibers would just absorb everything wet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have Weather Tech mats for my 2014 Mazda 6. My father bought them for me for an early birthday present. Front AND back. They most certainly have rear mats for the new 6 because I have them! :)

I have the black interior, and the mats are black. They fit PERFECTLY, and look amazing. They don't look cheap or take away from the awesome interior of the car. They blend very well, and were worth every penny.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have Weather Tech mats for my 2014 Mazda 6. My father bought them for me for an early birthday present. Front AND back. They most certainly have rear mats for the new 6 because I have them! :)

I have the black interior, and the mats are black. They fit PERFECTLY, and look amazing. They don't look cheap or take away from the awesome interior of the car. They blend very well, and were worth every penny.
You know you want to post pictures of the back mats. Right? Right? :D

·
Registered
331 Posts
Can any of you guys post some quick pictures of how they look driver's side? It doesn't have to be anything professional grade, just a crappy cell phone pic will do. EDIT: Also, can you post a picture of the Back Mats? I can't find one anywhere online. .
I got my OEM all weather mats for $95 shipped from an Ebay Mazda dealer...will see if i can get a pic when wifey gets home

Found a pic online: (not our car) - it's dirty and looks gray, but ours look a lot darker I think (and better):

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also got the black weathertech fronts and back (1 piece) mats and love them. I have them in our explorer but tan and not fond of how the tans retain the staining of dirt, salt etc.. I've scrubbed them with cleaners and still no luck, however they do take a beating so I shouldn't complain. Better the mat then the carpet :)

I'll snap a pic later as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Here are my new weathertech's

[PICTURES]

Chris
Awesome! Thanks man. Looks like the back row photo on Weathertech's site is wrong, but the overhead item shot is correct.

Random question: Are the floor mats (both front and back) rigid or flexible?

I just went to Sams Club and for $20 I got rubber all weather Driver/Passenger and back seat floor mats. They look great and you can just use scissors to customize them! When you start paying over $40 for floor mats you are paying for the brand name, such as weathertech.
Man.....maaaaaan. You're absolutely the voice of reason here and I know I should do that, but I'm suffering from the new car curse where I want everything inside to look impressive as well as functional. I'm such a sucker.

·
Registered
35 Posts
What he said ^

The fronts are very much 'stiff' so to say. Very durable feel to them.

The backs are quite a bit flimsier, but not in like a cheap bad way. It's just a really big piece so it has to be a bit more flexible so that it can be installed without any trouble. Very very nice!

1 - 20 of 100 Posts