Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they prone to warping? What are the best brands to use when replacing them?

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
Yup. There was a recall for 'em at one point I thought....but I could be wrong.

I went with Centric performance rotors and pads and I've been on them........holy cow almost 100k miles now. Most of my miles are fairly easy highway ones, but I just checked the fronts and I easily have another 20k left in them.

They're great stopping power for their price, don't give off much dust at all, and have lasted a while.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup. There was a recall for 'em at one point I thought....but I could be wrong.

I went with Centric performance rotors and pads and I've been on them........holy cow almost 100k miles now. Most of my miles are fairly easy highway ones, but I just checked the fronts and I easily have another 20k left in them.

They're great stopping power for their price, don't give off much dust at all, and have lasted a while.

Can you provide a link? I will have to change mine soon!

·
Registered
20 Posts
From my research on the forum it's the crappy oem brake pads that cause the oem rotors to warp I currently picked up some Centric premium rotors and Akebono proACT pads and will be replacing mines in the next couple of weeks when I get some time.

Front

Centric 12045084 Front Rotors
Akebono ACT1711 Front

Rear
CENTRIC 12045085 Rear Rotors
AKEBONO ACT1679 Rear

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From my research on the forum it's the crappy oem brake pads that cause the oem rotors to warp I currently picked up some Centric premium rotors and Akebono proACT pads and will be replacing mines in the next couple of weeks when I get some time.

Front

Centric 12045084 Front Rotors
Akebono ACT1711 Front

Rear
CENTRIC 12045085 Rear Rotors
AKEBONO ACT1679 Rear
Thanks I will definitely give these a look!

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
Can you provide a link? I will have to change mine soon!

While I don't believe there were any changes through the years for our generation, make sure you select the correct one just to be sure. https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/mazda,2014,6,2.5l+l4,3294320,brake+&+wheel+hub,brake+pad,1684

Honestly, that Powerstop deal is pretty good too. Might go that route next time I need to replace.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/mazda,2014,6,2.5l+l4,3294320,brake+&+wheel+hub,rotor+&+brake+pad+kit,13824

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just bought a used 2014 GT with 70k miles and both front rotors were warped (not terribly, but a little) ... I usually do my own mechanical repairs, but I have a torn ligament in my hand so I paid a local shop $367 for pair of rotors up front, turned rear rotors, and pads all around - I didn’t even look at what they installed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
Richard Bailey
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing