Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mating these with Hawk HPS fronts to aleviate some dusting....

Deciding between OEM Mazda's and Rotora front rotors.

Any help? Zinc coating? Ball milled? Balanced? One over the other?

(( mainly wanting LOW DUST, LOW NOISE ))

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've answered my own question, from searching, I found a couple pictures of rotoras and they look the same as the OEM discs.

AFTER READING MUCH HERE ABOUT BRAKE NOISE WITH most aftermarket pads and rotors, I might splurge for a $15 jar of WHEEL WAX and try that first.

Thanks indirectly.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yep. I got the Hawk HPS (I think) from a Forum Group Buy. The dusting is low, and have taken the punishment of an open track session and still no noise. I strongly reccommend the Hawk pads. I was really happy with the low amount of dust they generated.

I just bought a set of Carbotech Panther+ (front), Bobcat (rear) pads with new rotors. I'll be swapping those in during the next few weeks and trying my hand at autocrossing. I'll report back.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Rotoras and HPS Hawks, no squealing :) Slotted Rotora rotors.

Mazda's rotors are poo.

PS: I am sellign a set of new Rotora slotted rotors, if interested, PM me. Decided to go with drilled/slotted.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am going to stick with the non-slotted/non-drilled.

The pads last longer.

But actually, thanks for the bit about the OEM vs. Rotora -
for a few bucks more - it makes sense to get better parts.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
meh i bought the rotora slotted rotors and hawk pads and they do squeak sometimes. Doesnt bother me tho. At first they didnt squeak at all but then they started to. o well.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I have the Rotora OEM basic rotors with Hawk HPS. They were pretty beefy when I installed them in february. A brake pad 'groove' still has not formed on them which leads me to believe they have excellent wear resistance.

I occasionally get some squeeking, but not constantly. Nothing that an aggressive stop won't take away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
mbrogz3000
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing