Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used a nikon d90 with the same settings and all projectors were at about the same distance from the wall give or take a few inches (about 15 feet). the rectangular object on the wall is pure white, where as the rest of the wall is some off white beige maybe. I also had a candle lit in the photo to help calibrate the colors . the ballast used is a apexcone 35watt (non slim) ballast and a computer power supply. this test really just shows light output color, sharpness of cutoff and cutoff color. I didnt have enough room to test the width of the projector.

OEM Mazdaspeed6 HID with OSRAM Xenarc 4300k bulb

OEM Mazdaspeed6 HID with Apexcone 6000k bulb

Fx35 with TSX Lense and OSRAM Xenarc bulb 4300k

Fx35 with TSX Lense and Apexcone 6000k bulb

TSX with TSX replica lens colormodded 2 washers bottom and 1 washer top and Osram Xenarc 4300k bulb

TSX with TSX replica lens colormodded 2 washers bottom and 1 washer top and Apexcone 6000k bulb

S2k non colormodded and Osram Xenarc 4300k bulb

S2k non colormodded and Phillips 85122 4300k bulb

S2k non colormodded and Apexcone 6000k bulb

As you can see the OEM projector is garbage, not a sharp cutoff, dismal light output. the s2k doesnt look as bright as the fx and the tsx because the s2k is mounted inside the headlight already which messes with the output alittle. the oem hid is also still mounted in the headlight which dims the output slightly. if anyone is interested in the tfx and the tsx projectors shoot me a pm. I am going to be posting them for sale soon. I will also be selling at least one set of stock headlights with no broken parts and another set all taken apart, and a passenger side with broken parts.
By the way if anyone is interested I am going to be posting for sale the fx35 with tsx lenses and the tsx with tsx replica lenses and some other headlight parts for sale.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Excellent compare-o. S2K is the hotness, but they are a bit pricey for my budget. TSX is a good compromise and they fit easier than the FX. Anything is better than stock... especially stock halogens with a HID kit.

Interesting to note...

The OSRAM is a little warmer than the Phillips.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (mgalyan @ Mar 6 2009, 12:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1529435
Excellent compare-o. S2K is the hotness, but they are a bit pricey for my budget. TSX is a good compromise and they fit easier than the FX. Anything is better than stock... especially stock halogens with a HID kit.

Interesting to note...

The OSRAM is a little warmer than the Phillips.[/b]
I couldnt agree with you more. the s2k fit just as easy as a tsx since they are nearly the same sctructure. im thinking the osram might be warmer because they have more hours on them then the 85122

·
Registered
43 Posts
BTW... Apexcone must make a fricken BLUE-ass 6000k bulb. My eBay 6000k were far less blue than your pics. More of a white tinted w/blue.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (USAF 6S @ Mar 9 2009, 11:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1531277
Stickied, folks need to see this. Great job[/b]
Awesome! im stickied!! this is like winning an emmy for me! I would like to thank all the folks that could make this happen, my folks, my car, honda, nissan, HIDS, and most of all my fans! thank you!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (mgalyan @ Mar 10 2009, 01:39 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1531336
BTW... Apexcone must make a fricken BLUE-ass 6000k bulb. My eBay 6000k were far less blue than your pics. More of a white tinted w/blue.[/b]
it is indeed very blue. every company is going to have a different temperature scale (some more bluer 6k than others or more yellow 4k than others) but keep in mind that most people do comparisons or take pics on a offwhite/beige wall or outside on something not white. my photos were on the WHITEST white object I could find so any color will "pop" like the blue.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I finally got around to installing my retrofitted my S2k's into my car today with Umy's help. thanks man! its hard to really tell how bright they are during the daytime, but I can say its very sunny out and driving around with them on, I could see my cutoff on the cars in front of me! will take some night pics soon

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The tsx and the fx have "about" the same amount of color but IIRC the tsx is a little wider beam and alittle less brightness overall but the fx is more alittle less wide and alittle more bright

·
Registered
5 Posts
Seeing the various from above I'm interested in getting "S2k non colormodded and Apexcone 6000k bulb" any idea where I can buy all of this. I currently have stock hallogen So I'll need and HID kit as well, any recomendations.?

·
Registered
76 Posts

Interesting to note...

The OSRAM is a little warmer than the Phillips.

Anyone using HIDs from HID Country?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the compliment. Personally I would buy a kit from therpmstore, they are less expensive. and I would go to retrofit source and get an oem set of bulbs. The tsx is great but the fx is bixenon for you can wire it so you have 4 highbeams instead of 2 lowbeams with 2 highbeams. thats the one thing I missed when I swapped my fx retro for s2ks, but the s2k was SICK, tsx isnt too far behind.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea its all sold... sorry man. I should have held out for more money though... I get emails all the time asking for them. I ended up leaving the s2k's on the car for the sale. sold my original unmodified heads for like nothing, and my fx35's sold for WAY less than they are worth. if you want someone to retrofit you headlights pm me I have a guy who does retrofits for a living, and he does all my headlight work.

·
Registered
76 Posts
What is the install time for HID's when removing the bumper?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts