Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some problems before with a seat rail, and while I was talking to a mazda tech he was saying he had just done a warrantee repair when the clip in the carpet that attaches the OEM floor mats broke off. The clip is not attched to the floors just the carpets. For the repair, since the carpet in the area where the clip was is now damaged, he has to remove all the seats and stuff to replace all the floor carpeting. We both agreed it was a stupid set up. Now, about a year later, guess what? my floor mat clip broke off. I guess I am instore for a long wait as it must take a while to finish that task.

Any Idea how long it would take him?

My search resulted in old dead threads showing other people have had this problem, I want to know what their result was. Anybody?

At least I am still under warantee.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Shouldn't be more than a few days to take it all apart and put it back together. You could realisticly do it in 2 days (one to take apart, one to put back together) but that's not going to happen.

I'm pretty sure the clip slides into place though? Maybe I'm wrong I can't remember.

·
Registered
506 Posts
You have to replace the carpet just to replace the plastic tab.

Edit sorry didn’t see that the carpet ripped that sucks. The dealer should be able to do this in three days tops. But if you have the time I my try it yourself. Then well everything is out you can install some sound deadener like 4U2NV did. If you need help and have a digital camera then we can help you. Just start a new thread and we can all walk you through it.

That is just what I would do. There have been a lot of horror stories on here about what the dealer dose to your car.

·
Registered
286 Posts
6 year old thread revival!

Anyone have a solution to this without having to replace the whole carpet? My all weather floor mat keeps sliding up further under the pedals because the carpet around the clip is ripped and the clip slides forward.

I'm ready to try to glue or screw it down to the floor under the carpet. I'm never going to sound deaden the car, so I'm not really worried about taking the carpet out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts