Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale: OEM Bridgestone Potenza RE050A 215/45/18 tires from a 2006 MazdaSpeed6.
They have around 250 miles on them, all highway, and they are in as-new condition. I bought the car last week and swapped the OEM summer tires for all seasons.
Tire Rack charges $199 each for the Potenzas. I'm looking for $100 each or best offer (I'm eager to free up the garage space), plus shipping. I'm west of Boston, if you'd like to see them/pick them up and save shipping.
Thanks very much
[email protected]

====
From Tirerack.com:
The Potenza RE050A is a Max Performance Summer tire designed to complement the performance of sports cars, sports coupes and sport sedans. While the Potenza RE050 is used as Original Equipment on the supercharged Mercedes-Benz S55 AMG sedan, a Potenza RE050A Scuderia version is used on the 12-cylinder Enzo Ferrari supercar, and a Run Flat version is used on the BMW Z4 sports cars and 5-Series sedans. The Potenza RE050A was developed to provide good traction along with responsive and predictable dry and wet road handling. It is not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...inSpeedRating=V

from www.bridgestonetire.com
Original equipment on many high-performance vehicles, the Potenza RE050 is built for the pleasure of driving. This tire comes loaded with race-proven technology: UNI-T for outstanding wet and dry traction, a tread pattern that promotes rapid water evacuation, variable dimensions in the tread blocks, and the smoother shape to reduce road noise. An asymmetrical pattern in the RE050A tread increases surface contact to enhance acceleration and cornering. Put this Potenza through its paces and discover what ultra-high performance really means.
Innovative Tire Design - A Comprehensive Tire Design Method
This method improves handling in wet or dry conditions and reduces irregular treadwear by combining an ideal tread design, casing shape, materials and construction.
Innovative Roundness - Rounder Is Better
Rounder overall tire shape provides better balance for wet or dry handling.
Innovative Compound - Longer Is Stronger
L.L. Carbon utilizes a special form of molecular re-engineered carbon black, a key factor in improving tire wear while enhancing wet performance.
Rim Guard
A raised rubber ridge acts like a bumper to protect wheels from curb damage.
Spiral Wrap
Spiral Wrap is a continuous nylon wrap that encircles the whole tire, helping the tire hold its original shape to improve high speed capability.
[attachmentid=17661] [attachmentid=17662] [attachmentid=17663]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
nice write up and I dont mean to bust balls but you need an actual picture of the tires with the date and your club member name...plus this is your first post....see the rules

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I may be interested, but you need to comply with the rules first. Pics, a piece of paper with your user name and today's date on it, and you also should have 50+ posts before trying to sell something.

I could possibly take 2 off your hands.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I may be interested, but you need to comply with the rules first. Pics, a piece of paper with your user name and today's date on it, and you also should have 50+ posts before trying to sell something.

I could possibly take 2 off your hands.
[/b]
Thanks for the interest and reply. I apologize for not following protocol. My mistake...I didn't read the rules.
I'll take a photograph of the tires along with a piece of paper, dated with my user name, and I'll post ASAP.
I'm new to the Mazda community, having just taken delivery of my mazdaspeed6. It's a great car.
Apologies and thanks again.

nice write up and I dont mean to bust balls but you need an actual picture of the tires with the date and your club member name...plus this is your first post....see the rules
[/b]
Thanks for the reply and feedback. I apologize for not sticking to the rules. I'm new to the Mazda community and this forum. I'll post a photo, etc. ASAP.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
So where's the pic of your ACTUAL product and the paper with date and username on it?? You're gonna get shut down soon, it's been almost 24hrs...

BTW I'm still interested but you need to comply first.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So where's the pic of your ACTUAL product and the paper with date and username on it?? You're gonna get shut down soon, it's been almost 24hrs...

BTW I'm still interested but you need to comply first.
[/b]
Sorryfor not posting pics the first time around. I've attached some here. Please let me know if you'd like any others and I'll be glad to post them as well.
Thanks very much.
[attachmentid=17762][attachmentid=17763][attachmentid=17764][attachmentid=17765][attachmentid=17766][attachmentid=17767]

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how much are they?
[/b]
I'm asking $100 each, or best offer (I want to free up the garage space!) plus shipping. Tirerack has them at $199 each.
I'm in the Boston suburbs; if you're in the area we can arrange a drop off/pick up so you can save the shipping costs.
Thanks very much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts